[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of magnetic ride control suspension? Has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

What does /o/ think of magnetic ride control suspension?

Has anyone driven a car that has it?
>>
File: IMG_20170319_193343~01.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_193343~01.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
>>17260880
It's fantastic
>>
>>17260880

Best thing since sliced bread. So good that even Ferrari paid to use the patent on some of their cars.

It's basically a damper that can change based on conditions just about instantly. Like a coil over, except you don't have to fiddle with any knobs, and it can do it while going down the road. The tuning potential is just about limitless, since you can tune high and low speed rebound and bump to change as speeds change, so you can have both a very comfortable ride around town at 30 MPH, and a car that sticks like glue at 120 MPH, without ever touching the controls.

Basically the best thing ever, is the short version. Swap them onto a $3k civic, make them work, and you'd decimate 99% of cars on an autox.
>>
Just another meme
>>
>>17260880
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KPYIaks1UY
>>
I wonder how it compares to air suspension
>>
File: 15640236.jpg (242KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
15640236.jpg
242KB, 1024x768px
>>17260880
My dad had one of these way back when and it was really nice with magnetic ride suspension
Only thing was that comfort mode had to be toggled separately which was really annoying, it should be on by default. Just Acura trying to push their sporty image
>>
File: speedracer1.jpg (97KB, 991x326px) Image search: [Google]
speedracer1.jpg
97KB, 991x326px
>>17261000
Fucking lost it when it did that jump.
>Go speed racer!
>>
>>17260880
doesn't help the corvette. still slower than a gtr
>>
File: 20160418_133047.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160418_133047.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Yes, it works really nicely, one of the few things that can accomplish best of both worlds with little downsides on modern cars

>>17261066
Apples and oranges, air suspension isn't made for performance and doesn't really have an adjustable spring rate
>>
>>17261000
A shame that system didn't make it on to cars in that form.

Semis got it instead.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.