[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is it to replace a torn air intake hose? How easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8466.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8466.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
How important is it to replace a torn air intake hose? How easy is it to replace? Can I just tape it up?

I just discovered I have a torn air intake hose on my 99 Honda Accord. What do?
>>
Tape it up, see what happens. I think it should work.
>>
>>17255088
Yeah I would tape it up good, but get it replaced when you can

It's a Honda so shouldn't be too bad to buy and replace yourself if you're up for it
>>
my motorcycle would not idle with its torn, and its carbed.
>>
Intake air on that honda motor is MAP derived, so you don't worry about misreading intake air volume.

However, you're sucking silica filled unfiltered air into the engine. They don't like that. Get a new one when you can, at least tape it up as best you can to minimize any contaminated/dirty air entering the cylinders.
>>
Just put a cone filter on it dawg
>>
>>17255094
>>17255111
>>17255120
Okay I'll tape it up and then order a new one and put it on.

>>17255128
Chu mean?
>>
>>17255088
You are basically sucking unfiltered air through the torn hose. Worst case scenario you suck up enough sand and the engine goes bye bye. There are plenty of products to repair it, tape could work temporarily.
>>
>>17255188
Makes sense. Idk how long it's been torn for. Just noticed it when my engine overheated because I had a broken radiator hose that sprayed coolant all over my engine and it probably sucked up some of that stuff too.
>>
>>17255088
This is actually quite literally had to work at getting better and you have to make it seem like you are doing a lot of work to get the entire thing tomorrow.
>>
File: 1492815234608.jpg (62KB, 750x708px) Image search: [Google]
1492815234608.jpg
62KB, 750x708px
>>17255254
what?
>>
>>17255309
Lol dream on it.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>17255147
He's saying to just take off the hose, airbox and everything then replace it with a filter that just attaches straight to the throttle body, which in googling this image I see is impractical to the location of your intake.
>>
>>17255188
Depending on where the tear is, it could be worse than that. Could mess up a sensor or two. Either way, it can start running funny from unregulated air/fuel mixture.
>>
>>17255094
Yep, just wrap it with tape and remember to get a new one when it's cheap.
>>
>>17255901
This.

Actual aluminum-backed duct tape. Not that fabric shit that isn't for ducts.
>>
>>17255128
>Just put a cone filter on it dawg
No. that would turn it from a cold air intake (manufacturer's location) to a hot air intake. The cone filter gets air from inside the engine compartment above the hot engine.
>>
File: 1495466737520.jpg (32KB, 470x698px) Image search: [Google]
1495466737520.jpg
32KB, 470x698px
>>17255254
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.