[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best realistic (read middle class) car combination?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1437398092658.jpg (341KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1437398092658.jpg
341KB, 1920x1200px
What's the best realistic (read middle class) car combination?

>DD: An old beater which you can abuse and don't mind scratching the paint and stuff (Example: an old Corolla, civic, etc)
>Weekend/track car: A newish sports car (ND, boxster, etc)

or

>DD: Newish car with all the modern amenities (New civic, crosstech, etc)
>Weekend/track car: A project car (probably from the 90's) with the sole function of fun driving (MR2, 86, miatas, etc)
>>
Why not two shit heaps.

DD boring 30-50mpg POS car
Build cheap track car with lots of power that you wont cry over when you total it.

All the money saved can go into making the track car super fast. Just dont ever track a new car, its fucking retarded unless you have money to soend when you total it.
>>
This really depends on you.
Personally I prefer #2.
>>
>>17253925
Make ~50k. I have a 2009 mazdaspeed 3 as my daily and a 350z streetable track/weekend car. It works well because insurance on both is very cheap (135/month combined for full coverage) and aftermarket support for the z has gotten cheaper and more abundant over the years. Plus the ms3 has enough power to not feel pathetic while dd.

I hate the stigma that comes from "car guys" about the z but I normally don't have to deal with that because I went for a sleeper look. No stanced bullshit, crazy wrap or giant wing. Kinda hard to cover a giant intercooler though.
>>
>>17253925
>>17254054
So I guess I'm kinda a hybrid of the two options.
>>
File: 76232.jpg (15KB, 420x210px) Image search: [Google]
76232.jpg
15KB, 420x210px
>>17253925

Or a nice second hand car with all the gizmos and money to spare on repairs, better parts, enhancements and detailing and just rent a car on the track for the track days
>>
>>17253925

Or use your mom's car and waste it all on building a racecar
>>
>>17253925
Do new DD and old project. It hones your skills wrenching and you're comfy driving, are more reliable, and get better mpg (generally). My dd is speed3, I'm trying to decide whether to go real cheap and pick up a fc rx7 convertible as a weekend cruiser/summer dd/possible auto crosser or pay more and restore a fiat spider 2000 in a couple weeks.
>>
DD: AU3 XR6 VCT
Track: AU3 XR6 VCT
Work/hauling shit: AU3 XR6 VCT
Cruising loaded up with mates and booze or luggage: AU3 XR6 VCT
>>
>>17254249
Forgot to add for hauling shit/work: A 6x4 trailer on the back
>>
The most realistic car combination for modern middle classed males 25-50:

Standard Civic Si/Camaro/Miata(if married) as a daily driver
Auto Ford F150 because you're a man who does man things.

Car is optional. How can you have a driveway without a truck? Only poorfag renters and college kids buy cars.
>>
>>17254288
(You)
>>
People drive soooo bad in my shithole that I feel better in a shitbox for DD. I would be so paranoid about scratches, dings or getting keyed that I would not enjoy driving at all.
>>
>>17253925
This is a stupid fucking question.

We are pretty middle class. Early 30's with two kids.

We have a Lexus LS430, Lexus RX350, and a first gen CR-V that we pretty much use as a truck. I am currently shopping for a NC Miata or S2000, but might just say fuck it and get a new ND Miata. We are also planning on replacing the CR-V with a 2009-2011ish 4Runner or Tundra within the next 12-18 months. We tend to keep our cars for a long time (6-10 years at current rate), and stay on top of maintaining them and keeping them clean. I could realistically see keeping an ND Miata for 20 years. I'd also like to pick up a nicely kept one-owner SC400 to store since they are so cheap and the old farts that owned them are dying off, but have nowhere to store it. We have a two car garage with one bay double-length so I could store three cars inside, but realistically, only two could stay inside. I could always utilize self-storage for a mint SC400 I guess.
>>
I have a shitbox daily and a shitbox-ish fun weekend car. I guess I should upgrade one of them.
>>
>>17256508
Yeah, but a person has two cars at most, and it's already overkill for normies. Not taliking about families or couples.
>>
90s sport shitbox, a motorcyle for the road, a motorcycle for dirt, a motorcycle for the track, and a cheap trailer for anything you can't cram into your two seater.

Most cars are able to tow something like a light track-only/trail-only bike and a wood-side trailer with motorcycle wheel chocks bolted in with no problems. The max load is usually like 1000lbs including the trailer and the max tongue weight being between 100-150lbs, and a trailer with a track toy or especially bulky load of groceries/building supplies on it shouldn't be more than 75% of that. Anything bigger and a "super practical DD" wouldn't be perfect for the job either. You'd need a truck or work van.
>>
>>17253925
why not two shitboxes
>>
>Not having 2 project shitboxes with swapped engines.
>>
>>17254054

Z is only getting better every day

Soon it will be Honda levels of respek

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/05/performance-bargain-nissan-z33/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.