[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm giving my A4 to my brother and moving to Alaska in September.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I'm giving my A4 to my brother and moving to Alaska in September.

What is a good SUV that will last a long time, easy to repair, and gud AWD/4WD system?

I was thinking about a 4 runner

I don't want to spend a lot on a SUV right now because It costs so god damn much to live up there. So under 7k USD
>>
File: IMG-20170511-WA0003.jpg (160KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170511-WA0003.jpg
160KB, 1600x900px
I am going to miss paved roads and dem comfy seats

>my a4
>>
Anything that doesn't have electric locking hubs or an electric transfer case
>>
why a suv?
what about something like a celica gt4 or an SX4?
>>
>>17253718
Used 4runner desu, or if you've got dat money a hear them crosstreks are okay.
>>
>>17253742
I want to keep all my tools and emergency equipment in my SUV when I leave my house. Because of the remoteness
>>
>>17253718
Love my 4Runner.

Go for the 2003+ V8 models.
>>
>>17253763
That's what I was looking at.

How is it offroad or in the snow?

Snow and mud are probably my biggest concerns
>>
>>17253766
I live in the Northeast and it's a beast in the snow. Haven't done much off-roading, but it has a huge community.

Serviceability-wise it's roomy and easy to maintain, but of course it has it's quirks. You have to keep the drive shaft greased regularly or you'll get a slightly annoying thud when braking/accelerating from a stop. The brake caliper pistons on the 4th gens are prone to seizing, so keep an eye out when buying. If it has the X-REAS system, look for leaks from the shocks.

Really a great SUV.
>>
>>17253805
Thanks.

I'll write all those things down.
>>
File: amc eagle.jpg (76KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
amc eagle.jpg
76KB, 624x351px
>>17253718
Give me an A, M, C!
>Smooth ride like a car
>EXCELLENT 4WD system*
>Easy to work on
>Bulletproof engine**
>Shouldn't be too hard to find in Alaska
>"So ugly it's cool" retro styling

*Avoid 1986 model year. For some reason, AMC used an open differential in '86 instead of the limited slip that every other year used. This means the 4WD system is not as effective. Also note that '80 and '81 model years are actually AWD, you cannot switch it into RWD like you can from '82 on.

**If you replace the leaky plastic valve cover. Also note that the engine is severely anaemic, making a mere 112 HP and 212 lb/ft of torque. This can be helped by removing some of the emissions junk (IIRC, only Fairbanks and Anchorage require emissions inspections) and getting a new carburetor. Or, if you're more mechanically inclined, you can swap it for a 4.0 from an 87-91 Jeep XJ with a few modifications. There are guides online that will walk you through it.
>>
>>17253906
>an ancient fucking AWD station wagon
OP if you want a wagon, get a subaru and snow tires
>>
>>17253912
Okay, so maybe I'm a tiny bit infatuated with the Eagle. An Eagle is not for everyone, and if you find out it's not your cup of tea, I might suggest a Jeep XJ instead. I wouldn't go for the ZJ's unless it has the rare AW4 or manual transmissions. The 42RE is horrible.
>>
>>17253912
I wouldn't buy a fucking AMC Eagle lol.

I actually knew some white trash kid in middle school who's family drove one. It looks dumber/uglier in person

pics don't do it justice. It's 2nd only to the aztek
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.