[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be autistic >frequently check fluids because 25-year-old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: CfS7E78[1].jpg (100KB, 1093x624px) Image search: [Google]
CfS7E78[1].jpg
100KB, 1093x624px
>be autistic
>frequently check fluids because 25-year-old car
>fail to tighten radiator cap down all the way
>start driving home from work
>notice heat isn't working
>stop at a speedway to see what's up
>finally realize I'm retarded
So I'm guessing there wasn't enough coolant in my radiator for the heater core to function. Heat seems to be blowing now that I've corrected the issue. Hoping I didn't fuck my coolant system up. Anybody else done anything similar to this?
>>
Put it on ramps and purge the air in the coolant, you'll be fine.
>>
>>17251530
No need for ramps, all you have to do is run it for 15-20 minutes with the cap off, top it off, and put the cap back on.
>>
>>17251560
Depends on the car. On some cars the air can get trapped in the heater coil. It would constantly make a gurgle sound on my IS300 until I put it on ramps.
>>
Why do normies even bother trying to get into cars lol
>>
>>17251589
>fuck something up
>immediately notice something is wrong
>fix the problem
What more do you want, buttwipe?
>>
>>17251606
You're exactly right.

We all start somewhere
>>
>>17251613
Doesn't help that GM decided that the user shouldn't have any sort of temperature gauge on my model. Cheeky shitheads.
>>
>>17251606
Check shit frequently, but relax about it mate. I own a 53 year old car. I check shit once a month, and never have had a problem.

When I was young I made a similar stuff up. I smelt burning coolant smell, and sorted it. I realised unless there was an issue, shit didn't need to be checked as regularly, as long as you monitor the guages.
>>
>>17251617
It's trivial to add a temp gauge anyway if you're that autistic about it.
>>
File: 1492269188047.jpg (155KB, 2210x610px) Image search: [Google]
1492269188047.jpg
155KB, 2210x610px
Related
>Be me
>Have to disassemble throttle body and drain coolant for shit
>Finish work
>Put everything back and replace coolant
>Car starts pissing coolant
>Checked petcock valve and all the hoses
>Can't find shit
>Limp to work
>Out of the blue remember i didn't torque the throttle body bolts tight enough
>Borrow someones ratchet set at work
>Tighten that shit
>Drive the piss out of it
>Check to see if it worked
>No more coolant leaks
>Mfw
>>
>>17251617
yeah that really sucks
even if most normies never bother to even look at anything other than their speedometer doesn't mean it's cool to remove necessary instruments
>>
>Getting super excited that my engine and the new crank, core plugs, seals, vacuum tubes, radiator hoses, spark plugs/leads, etc etc is finally back in the bay and everything is connected
>Drive it around for a week before suddenly losing a bit of power at 4krpm+
>Massive, MASSIVE wave of petrol fumes almost knock me out on the motorway
>Fuel return line blew off because I didn't even clamp it down

Spent an extra 40 minutes on the side of the road checking as many clamps/bolts as I could with a 3/8 socket set and vise-grip pliers as I could.
I mean, I have a 2kg extinguisher in the passenger footwell but fuck me that could have been bad.
>>
>>17251530
parking on a (preferably quiet) hill, or even entrance ramp or loading dock works too if you don't own a set of ramps.

Just uhh be double sure to set the parking brake and block the wheels so you don't die
>>
Nah you'll be alright, whaddya think happens when the radiator bursts? You don't ruin the car, coolant just goes everywhere and as long as it didn't overheat, it's okay.
>>
File: 20170227_225417.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170227_225417.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>17251617
Fucking Chevy
>>
>>17251514
always open the heater core (run the heat) before and after a flush. top it off after it drains from the system.
>>
File: 1460085041300.jpg (12KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460085041300.jpg
12KB, 400x300px
>Get cheapo aluminium radiator off ebay
>Mount it up
>Looks good
>Hood won't close because its too tall
>Mount it lower than the stock points
>looks sketchy, decide to just buy a used oem one for cheapo
>It's cracked
>While taking the OEM one out I notice it's the exact same size as the aluminum one
>What the fuck
>Turns out the radiator cap was the reason for the clearance issues
>OEM cap is just a circle, new cap has grip things bulging out
>Swap cap with OEM one
>hood closes now

fucking wew
>>
>>17252721
>anon learns radiator caps are a standard size
>>
>>17252700
I'll never understand why they didn't include a fucking tach on my manual vehicle
>>
File: 1286199372427.jpg (36KB, 1019x719px) Image search: [Google]
1286199372427.jpg
36KB, 1019x719px
>autistic
>drives 90s-00s luxobarge
It checks out
>>
>>17253041
Used to have a 5 speed cavalier, no tach. My older sister had an automatic cavalier of the same year, hers had a tach. Never quite understood that
>>
How do you fail to tighten a radiator cap? It LITERALLY has two LITERAL stages; off and on. You LITERALLY hear it make a pop as it seats itself down to the radiator.
>>
>>17251589
I bet you're that kind of faggot that prefers self automated cars
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.