[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know anything about Porsche Boxsters? I'd like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: porscheboxster.jpg (353KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
porscheboxster.jpg
353KB, 1024x690px
Does anyone know anything about Porsche Boxsters? I'd like to buy a 2001-2002 model S for a weekend car. I live near the mountains so something small, nimble, and convertible appeals to me.
>>
>>17245959
they're good.
I chose mrs cause it has less to go wrong with it and its cheaper to fix if it does and its light as shit.
>>
>>17245989

I didn't ask about the MRS
>>
>>17245959
I too am looking for a Box S. I think it's probably a riot to own and drive and also I believe it will appreciate in value. I've driven a non-S a couple of times and that was still fun so I can only imagine what the experience is like slapped with the power paddle

Find an example with either a rebuilt engine or just extensive service records. NO PREVIOUS MODS. Some owners have done the IMS already, which I thought only plagued the 996 but I was wrong. I live in MA but I'm looking for an S in Arizona or some other state without rust. Limited access to the engine is about as tough as you think it'd be

My sweet spot is 2001 Boxster S, not red or silver, 70k-80k miles, IMS done, proof of 60k service done, $10k-$13k in the Midwest. Been looking for four months, with varying success (I'm in no rush)

You got any specifics?
>>
File: photo_2016-09-27_20-44-21.jpg (136KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-09-27_20-44-21.jpg
136KB, 1280x960px
i own and daily one

02 986 S.

ask me anything, shes a gud girl

IMS is real but people don't understand that its as simple as swapping the bearing out with each clutch change and you'll be 100% safe.
>>
>>17246225

This car is about as good as it's gonna get for that low of the price. It's IMS bearing is also very easy to fix compared to the 987s.

The interior is pretty dated though, that's about it. Can't hate the car that saved Porsche (alongside the Cayenne).

>Currently driving a 987s; looking at 981 base boxster
>>
>>17246264

1. How is it on the highways, noise levels?
2. MPG?
3. Insurance vs other cars?
4. How often do you remove the hardtop?
5. What would you like to change?
6. Most annoying parts of ownership?
7. What were you not expecting to experience, good or bad?
8. How does it handle on windy roads?
9. How long have you owned it?
10. Thanks
>>
>>17246264
where do you live where is your front plate?
>>
>>17246408

A lot of US states don't require a front plate.
>>
>>17246310
>with the hardtop its perfectly fine, soft top its a little louder but not miata tier horrible
>i get 19 mpg city only
>only during the summer
>i would like a set of techart wheels, if you mean in terms of mods. If i could change ANYTHING with the car i would get rid of the engine and put in an ls1. i just feel that the car isnt fast enough.
>my drivers side window rattles, and i don't know why. the vanity mirrors also rattle. And i can't put my bag with my laptop in the back trunk before a long drive because after doing that a bunch of times the harddrive failed on my laptop, and i suspect it was due to the vibrations in the trunk from the engine. maybe im crazy though.
>good, these are very solid cars. a porsche with 100k feels 100x better than a bmw with 100k. everything is just made with so much more quality.
>it handles perfectly fine, i haven't had any issues with it.
>it has been in my family since new
>no problem!
>>
>>17246310

i also misread windy roads..

haha. sorry.

in performance driving the car handles really well. it sticks to the corners and you really feel the weight of the engine in the middle moving around in perfect balance, its a very strange feeling. i like it.

something i personally havent tried, but friends with 996 911s and boxsters have told me is that at high speed the car's front end feels a little light and its sketchy, it doesnt help that the cars come with rake stance from the factory. you can see how the front is a little higher than the back.

i also forgot to mention the biggest annoyance, is that my car has fucked up 2nd gear syncros. 2nd gear is a little crunchy and its a bit annoying. It doesn't pop out though. Watch oout for this issue because its extremely common with these 6 speed gearboxes.
>>
>>17245995
not that guy but...
>" I live near the mountains so something small, nimble, and convertible appeals to me."

But sure you didn't specifically ask
>>
>>17246527
>>17246507

Cool thanks bro. That helps me out a lot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.