[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm looking to get a new sports car i made a thread wi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: gt3 or zl1.png (2MB, 2790x960px) Image search: [Google]
gt3 or zl1.png
2MB, 2790x960px
i'm looking to get a new sports car

i made a thread with a strawpoll a couple weeks or so ago
http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/17171004/#17171004
but i have made a few conclusions
>testarossas are going up in value so fast that i may not be able to snatch one in an acceptable condition soon enough
>gt350's are hard to get and the current gen mustang has a disadvantage with it's chassis and it feels pretty big to maneuver (although i've only ever driven the ecoboost and gt)

i've narrowed my choices down to the porsche 996 gt3 and camaro zl1 1le

gt3's are considered the epitome of handling in an automobile but the new camaros drive so well that the ss 1le and regular zl1 have received high praise from motor trend

i'm just wondering if anyone on this board has been able to get behind the wheel of both a porsche 996 and a current gen camaro and could tell me their experiences and which car they prefer.....bonus points if you've driven the gt3 and zl1
>>
i personally think the zl1 is a better option especially for future mods and matince costs
>>
>>17245800
jesus *maintenance
>>
I'd be embarrassed to drive that camaro just my opinion. Show the 996 some love.
>>
voting for a 996
it'll probably be a more comfortable daily driver imo
>>
>>17245767
for what it's worth, I'd go for the 996.
>>
>>17245822
>I'd be embarrassed to drive that camaro just my opinion.

strong this.

then again Im biased towards Porsche's.

That Camaro won't age well. the 996 will tho
>>
File: IMG_20170506_101050~2.jpg (2MB, 2357x3662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_101050~2.jpg
2MB, 2357x3662px
ZL1 will be the best of both worlds. It will attract the muscle head crowd, it can be a Dyno queen and a drag monster. And at the same time, bring respect at the track.
>>
>>17245833
ZL1s have magnetic ride. i don't even know how anything from the early 2000s can be more comfortable than that...
>>
>>17245838
The 996 is the worst aging generation.
>>
>>17245845
just overall comfort in terms of the interior, refinement and everything, not necessarily just suspension
>>
>>17245851
I think the porsche autists will come around eventually and appreciate the 996 as the gen that tried to change things up instead of hating it for the same reason
>>
>>17245767
I've driven a GT3 on a track, and ridden passenger in a ZL1.

The GT3, while being a fucking monster on the track and a true performance vehicle, is NOT comfortable at all. It rides like a race car, because that's exactly what it is. It's not comfortable like a 911. Be aware of this going in.

The ZL1 most likely won't age well, but that's due to the fact that it's an American vehicle. Maybe it will. But it performs excellently, and is an absolute blast to drive. Rented a Z06 for a day and would take the ZL1 every time due to superior fit and finish, comfort, handling, ect. It's a really great vehicle, but this decision ultimately comes down to what exactly you're looking for.
>>
>>17245767
The Porsche is probably the more economically responsible option, but the Camaro is going to be faster. Much faster.

The Camaro has a 100+ hp/ton advantage.

No one here will have driven the ZL1 1LE, it's just too new.
>>
>>17245858
how much does the racecar feel of the gt3 outweigh or underweigh the handling capabilities of the zl1?
>>17245833
this is a secondary car, I have a luxobarge as a daily
>>17246187
the 1le can't be that much different from the regular zl1, can it
>>
>>17246398
>>>17245858
>how much does the racecar feel of the gt3 outweigh or underweigh the handling capabilities of the zl1?

The new Camaros handle very well, don't believe the memes on /o/ If you're still on the fence, you could try to find a rental service that has one/both of the cars and make the choice based on how much you like/don't like it after driving them
>>
File: 1454560499646.png (342KB, 418x594px) Image search: [Google]
1454560499646.png
342KB, 418x594px
>GM
>>
>>17245851
996 is appreciating like crazy
>>
>>17246433
>that pic
Genders
>>
>>17246398
The 1LE ZL1 has the multimatic spool valve dampers off of the old Z28.

There are 5 street cars with this tech, the Austin Martin One-77, the 5th gen Camaro Z28, the Ford GT, the Colorado ZR2, and the 6th gen Camaro ZL1 1LE.

The aero is also going to hurt you in a drag race but you will have way higher g corner holding capability in the Camaro than in the Porsche.
>>
>>17237143
>>
>>17247908
>dumb /pol/yp showing everyone his autism
>>
Im a big cocksucker for 911s but go for the ZL1
also how much is the C6 ZR1 in comparison to these two, I have no idea what it's at
>>
>>17245838
>>17245822
>embarrassed to drive a camaro

in a world dominated by honda civics, ford focuses, and toyota corollas, you're EMBARRASSED to drive a camaro?
>>
>>17248177
t. assmad GM fangirl
>>
>>17248177
not any camaro -- THAT camaro

it's just trying way too hard for a fucking camaro
>>
>>17245767
The zl1 just looks absolutely retarded.
>>
File: exorcistZL1.jpg (632KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
exorcistZL1.jpg
632KB, 2048x1360px
OP, Dont be a eurocuck that has to get their car fixed every 2,000 miles and go in and out of a cramped interior everyday.

Buy the ZL1, most people that hate the looks never seen one in person and the Pics do not do it justice. Get the car with a comfier interior, and 650hp of American freedom under the hood. And its a 2017 with all the conveniences of a new car.

The old Porsche looks like just any old Carrera with a wing, Lame.

Listen to Trump OP and Buy American.
>>
Zl1 le

Devalues the quickest but it's the best overall car and the ls/lt aftermarket is insane and craps over the competition
>>
>>17248889
This.

Just, all of this.

The Camaro is so much better in every category it's not even funny. This shouldn't even be a competition.
The Alpha platform has resulted in some of the best drivers cars on the market today, the LS/LT engine family has an absolutely insane amount of aftermarket support in any price range, the magnetic dampers result in handling on par with $500k supercars while not being stupidly stiff like on a GT3, it's got all the modern creature comforts you'd expect, the interior may be GM but just about anything in THE CURRENT YEAR is better than Porsche when they were circling the drain during the late '90s-early 2000s and it'll be much cheaper in the long run because it's not an overly complicated euro piece of machinery that breaks when you look at it wrong and costs a fortune to fix.
>>
The Camaro will be faster in straight lines and in corners, will be more reliable, be easier to drive, sound better, be more comfortable, and have more features.

I'd rather have a brand new 911, or a classic 911, but not the unloved middle child.
>>
>>17248889
Retard. Porsche has been in the top 3 most well built cars for years.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.