[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a problem. I have a 1500 mi drive to make, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20170508_155807.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_155807.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
I've got a problem. I have a 1500 mi drive to make, but my car is starting to Overheat. It has coolant, and it's good on Oil. What do?

I only have 400$ on me, and I am in the process of Moving. I cant really just go back to where I started.

I drive a 2003 Honda Civic.
>>
If it's a hot day and you're doing all highway, it might just need to sit for a while, then you'll be good to go. How long have you driven already?
>>
>>17244429
For like 2-3 hours. I've already sat and waited once. I waited a bit, and when I started driving again, it slowly went back and forth, and then just shot up to H.
>>
>>17244443
Is your radiator damaged at all?
>>
YOU SHOULDNT BE MAKING PAYMENTS ON A HOUSE IF YOU ONLY HAVE $400 TO YOUR NAME AND A SHITTY SHITBOX TO DRIVE
>>
>>17244506
Not as far as I can tell
>>
>>17244513
When did I mention I was making payments on a house?
>>
>>17244415
Cute kitty, he reminds me of the one I used to have

Do you have any idea why it's overheating? Are the fins damaged, are you leaking, is there mud on the back of the radiator, is the fan working, the water pump, is the system clogged at all?
>>
>>17244415
Check the oil for coolant. Is white smoke coming out of the exhaust?
>>
>>17244531
Everything that you mentioned is fine.

No, no white smoke.
>>
>>17244561
Are you low on coolant?
>>
>>17244561

To reiterate what >>17244579 said did you actually look in the Radiator or the coolant overflow at the level?
>>
Maybe your thermostat shit the bed
>>
>>17244654
I did.
>>
>>17244666
This could also be the case but he might actually have to turn a wrench for that one
>>17244733
Look in the radiator

If you can't see the level near the top of the cap, you're low
>>
>>17244415
Get two ratchet straps from Wal-Mart/harbor freight
Remove hood and strap to roof
Proceed with your epic drive
>>
>>17244771
Would this actually work? If I can get some confirmation, I'm down to try.
>>
>>17244793
It'll help cool but it sounds like you have problems somewhere else in the system

I'd recommend going over all of those points again and making sure that they do indeed work and are topped off
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.