[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need your help. Girlfriend has a 2000 Jetta III. It has an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: M-HPooh.jpg (85KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
M-HPooh.jpg
85KB, 400x550px
Need your help.
Girlfriend has a 2000 Jetta III.
It has an issue where of we start the car, drive for a any amount of time, turn it off, then try to start the car within half an hour, it won't start.
It is remedied by popping the hood, opening the coolant reservoir which depressurizes, closing the reservoir, and then the car will start just fine.
It usually works but every now and then it won't start for like an hour.
We've replaced the reservoir, the hoses, almost everything related to temperature, yet it still persists.

Besides her car being an abominable piece of shit, what the fuck could the issue be?
>>
>>17244369
Has your bimbo recently overheated it? What does the oil look like? Does the exhaust smell sweet or has a lot of water vapor?

How recently was the ignition changed on it? How old is the fuel pump?
>>
>>17244572
>Has your bimbo recently overheated it?
No
>What does the oil look like?
Recently changed, looked fine before
>Does the exhaust smell sweet or has a lot of water vapor?
Not that we are aware of.
>How recently was the ignition changed on it? How old is the fuel pump?
Ignition has never been changed.
Fuel pump was changed three years ago

Now that I'm thinking about it we did find a little bit of oil on one of the spark plugs once, and there was a bit of water in the oil a while back. But it wasn't a constant, both occured like twice ever and haven't been a problem since. We check pretty frequently for it.
>>
You need to get rid of it. Don't try diagnosing this issue, just fucking get rid of it.

There was a girl who had your exact car and she would call me every two weeks with something else broken. She finally took my advice and got rid of it.
>>
>>17244642
I agree completely. We would like to but can't afford anything else right now. It's her only vehicle and she commutes in it daily. I had another Jetta as well and it had nothing but fucking issues
>>
>>17244629
Oil leaking onto the spark plugs will cause fouling of both the spark plug and ignition coil if it has individual coil packs.

I doubt you have a distributor cap and rotor, but if you have one of those, when the car heats up it will cause problems.

Also just to clarify, the car is turn over right, just not firing?
>>
>>17244667
Daily reminder not to buy German.
>>
>>17244369
Sounds like an issue just like on 90s hondas. The problem on vintage hondas though is related to the main fuel pump relay. Over time, the solder joints on the relay board become weakened due to expansion and contraction due to temperature and cause the non-start issue. Dunno about VWs though but definitely fits the same order of events.
>>
>>17244748
>Jetta
>German

Nice bait
>>
>>17244698
Yes, turns over, won't fire
>>
>>17244748
Fuck off my meme-series runs fine.
>>
"flush the coolant because the Jetta will overheat really easily with any bubbles in the lines"
>>
>>17245442
We flushed the coolant twice within the last three months. Problem still occurs.
>>
>>17244642
t. retard who can't fix cars

This board is for real enthusiasts, kid.
>>
File: 1488257716112.gif (2MB, 349x255px) Image search: [Google]
1488257716112.gif
2MB, 349x255px
>>17245542
go fuck yourself. he's just trying to learn
>>
>>17244369
What do real Volkswagen forums suggest when you post there?
>>
>>17244642
Yeah, taking the bus is way more convenient for retarded women.
>>
>>17244369
i help you in fucking her as well since youre such a beta unable to fix a car
>>
Have you replaced or flushed the radiator?
>>
>>17248530
Replaced radiator a year ago, flushed it twice since
>>
>>17248545
Does the temp gauge go above normal when you have to open the radiator cap?
>>
Why do so many VW's fail in the states? They are known to be extremely reliable in Europe.

What the fuck are you doing to them?
>>
>>17248729
Hecho en Mexico
>>
>>17248637
Nope, never.

>>17248729
My '95 was bought new by my mother, I bought it off her in 2011, she never had a single problem. Right after I got it, the head gasket blew, the transmission went out, and the radiator blew.
I drove the car 150 miles, 10 miles per day for 15 days at speeds less than 35mph.
My girlfriend's car, the one in the OP, was a piece of shit when she bought it, but ran fine for two years.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.