[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this car exist? It's in a segment that's above

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why does this car exist? It's in a segment that's above the 5 series/E class but bellow the 7 series/ S class but isn't a coupe

The flagship project is still happening. Why is the CT6 a thing?
>>
File: kermit.jpg (6KB, 186x193px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
6KB, 186x193px
>>17243531
In China there are long wheelbase versions of mid size luxury cars like the E-Class and 5 series which have more features than the standard wheelbase models but aren't quite as luxurious as the 7 series and S-Class. The CT6 is designed to compete with those long wheelbase mid range luxury cars.
>>
>>17243593
This, in China they even have stretched VW Boras
>>
Nobody is stupid enough to buy a 7 series sized cadillac that actually costs the same as 7 series
>>
>>17243666
It costs the same as a 5 series
>>
>>17243531
To prove that having the most sophisticated chassis in terms of performance luxury is meaningless unless you can properly market it.
>>
Cadillac need a full size sedan anyway caddillac wont be able to sell something like the s class because nobody willl spend 100k on a caddy unless its a 4 door zo6.
>>
>>17243531
I went to a dealer to check out the ATS-V and the asshole tried to convince me I should try the CT6. It feels like a fucking boat.

Also they didn't have an ATS-V.
>>
Cadillac doesn't know what they're doing.

Their intentions are good... they want to build a true S-Class competitor, but the bean-counting jews at GM wont give them the unlimited budget that they need in order to do that, becuz muh Corvette and a million different trucks and crossovers....

So instead, Cadillac makes the best Lincoln Towncar they can make and then decide they can viral market the shit as an S-Class competitor instead, falling flat on their face since anybody can take one look at the interior and see that it's laden with black plastic/rubber more befitting of a base model 3-Series, let alone a 100k 7-Series.
>>
>>17244811
This dude knows.

They're sitting on 3 gold mine concepts if they would just do it but, for whatever God damned GM reason, they won't yet they'll keep showing off these concepts for apparently no God damned reason.

>ciel
>escala
>elmiraj

And the new silver logo objectively looks fucking great on them, but whatever.
>>
Also, the XTS is still a thing too. My wife drives the XTS and I was looking to see if we shoukd trade up for the CT6. But honestly, it looks like all they did was switch from FWD to RWD as a standard option. XTS still offers the twin turbo V6 just like the CT6. The interior isn't more luxurious even though they marketed the CT6 as an S class competitor. The CUE system is updated in the CT6 though. CT6 is pretty much a long wheel base version of the CTS. And then the XTS is refreshed for 2018 looking like a CT6. I dont know what Cadillac is doing these days.
>>
>>17243531
To be fucking great for the price. It's basically a big ass version of the original CTS.
>>
>>17245316
GM are idiots
>>
>>17243847
Learn2read
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.