[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been at my new job for a week now and I have to say it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_0474.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0474.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Been at my new job for a week now and I have to say it's the first time I've been really happy at work in a while. Spent a good portion of my day searching for sorting through suspension parts for an Austin-Healey 3000 making notes on what we need to order to start reassembling the car.

Pic related, my new work
>>
nice

pls gib job
>>
nice, custom/resto shop?
>>
>>17234351
Restoration shop? I'm jelly...
>>
>>17234351
nice, are you the dude that had a job at another shop where the owner would verbally berate you?
>>
>>17234380
No. I've been trying for 5 years to get into a place like this. Get your own restoration shop to work at.

>>17234382
Pretty much a restoration shop/repair work on classic British cars.

>>17234393
No.
>>
>>17234408
>Restoration shop/repair work on classic British cars.

Cool, so that shop will never go out of Business hah.

But sounds and looks cool my dude. Would love to work at a similar shop but with air cooled Porsches.
>>
>>17234351
That's literally my non-fictional dream job
>>
>>17236123
Like I said, 5 years of trying to finally get it.
>>
Make good relationships with the customers and especially suppliers/parts sources. Working at a shop like this you will meet these people who run hole in the wall operations that do top notch work rebuilding/fabricating old parts that you'll never find anywhere else. If you ever want to do your own thing someday that's what you need, there's lots of people that can fabricate/repair/paint etc. decently but not a lot of people that will know who can grind a cam for a Lancia when that outfit isn't even on the internet. We're in another classic car boom and the economy is doing great right now so there's tons of work but it's feast or famine a lot of time for restoration shops, when the economy is slow there's not a lot of people that want to spend $50k restoring a car that will be worth $30k when it's done. If you build up your own reputation/network though you can always get your own thing going.
>>
>>17238436
Or if I'm good enough and there long enough, buy the business when the owner is ready to sell.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.