[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /o/ been doing any wrenching lately? >Working on my FWD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: 1494577743946.jpg (49KB, 573x335px) Image search: [Google]
1494577743946.jpg
49KB, 573x335px
Has /o/ been doing any wrenching lately?

>Working on my FWD V6 shitbox today
>Going to replace the valve cover gaskets with a bunch of other shit
>5 Hours in
>Got everything off
>Night falls
>Be cleaning all the sludge from the underside of the valve covers and dousing the intake system in cleaner
>Starts getting windy, thunder
>SHITSHITSHIT
>Start running and grabbing all the parts, nuts, bolts, and tools scattered around and taking them inside
>Push the loose wiring harnesses and vacuum lines down into the engine bay and shut the hood before water gets into the engine
>Realize my drivers side window is open
>Battery isn't connected
>Fuck it
>Grab a trashbag and cover it up
>Guess i have to finish tomorrow
>Mfw how difficult this turned out to be
>>
Gathering parts and tools, getting ready to do my clutch. Finally decided to buy a cordless impact. Figure I might as well swap transmissions while I've got it out.
>>
>>17233774
Just routine oil changes, wired up twin thermo fans, and got one to turn with the AC trigger wire
>>
File: puppets.gif (712KB, 200x86px) Image search: [Google]
puppets.gif
712KB, 200x86px
>being so poor he has to work on his own car
>>
>>17234264
I always assumed clutch wouldn't be that hard to do, but I was looking up some tutorial videos on similar engine layouts to my car and it actually looks like a fucking pain in the ass (transverse i4).
Have you done it before? How much of a bitch is it?
>>
Just needed 3 hours for a brake change. No water on a hot day doesn't help.
>>
>>17236315
clutch really isn't "hard to do", it's just a pain in the ass since most people don't have the luxury of using a lift
>>
>>17236315
I've done it before, but like >>17236331 says it's more of a pain without a lift.. and power tools.. and a transmission jack. Hoping with power tools I can get it done in a weekend at most.
>>
File: 1347775767724.gif (763KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1347775767724.gif
763KB, 500x275px
>was going to grind floorboard rust off today after work
>rain
>Fuck it, opportunity to check for leaks
>water on the floorboard
mother FUCKER
>>
I want to do the clutch in my Miata while I am feeling motivated. The stock one is showing no signs of slipping but I want to throw an aggressive 6 puck in there just so I don't ever have to worry about it again
>>
>>17236422
>>
Not today, but tomorrow should start putting a Cummins 6BT in an old 85 Ranger.
>>
File: IMG_20170519_012904.jpg (2MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170519_012904.jpg
2MB, 3200x2400px
I spent the last week replacing all the ball joints and brakes on my MR2 that I just bought. I'm stuck waiting for a new hub assembly/steering knuckle though because the one that I snapped the bolts out of can't take the OEM bolts. I thought that was a problem considering it's attached to my front wheels so I ordered a normal one. I don't even understand where the previous owner got this knuckle or why.
>>
File: tumblr_nsab9a99rV1s6pzx5o1_400.gif (878KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsab9a99rV1s6pzx5o1_400.gif
878KB, 320x240px
>>17236306
>Letting another man get in his car's guts
I bet you do the same with your wife, huh?
>>
>prepped my parts car for sale so it can roll
>tie rods on it were so fucked when i swapped suspension
>nut just spings the stud and rubber bushing
>put brake calipers back in place
>car rolls fine but the tie rods are dangerously close to the wheel
>going on a trailer and guy is buying it for stupid cheap

eh

>about to go mount new tires
>>
>>17236505
All mr2s have to go through some ricer feg. Mine put some fake carbon fibre everywhere some retarded aftermarket shitty speakers, ruined door plastic film, blew oem speakers and adjusted the clutch so it never really disconnects meaning engine power can't be used above 6k rpm.
Not to mention 10kg wheels
>>
File: lift.jpg (29KB, 536x341px) Image search: [Google]
lift.jpg
29KB, 536x341px
Ordered a scissor lift (pic related) that should be coming in the next month - very excited to be able to easily lift cars when I get it. Might change out the exhaust for my 2016 Mustang GT and maybe some suspension stuff

I've been thinking of getting an NA Miata to wrench on and drive sometimes as well
>>
I'm having a new cat put on my new to me MR2 because the previous owner decided to just have a downpipe to the mufflers

I brought it in Wednesday and they said it would be done yesterday so I could go get it to emissions but it'll probably end up being done Monday afternoon. I know that I'm not doing it but it has to be done so I can have the car street legal and my booger welds aren't worth the headache.

After that gets done and I have it reregistered and titled I have a laundry list of things to do because it's a swapped engine.

Gen 4 3SGTE in an AW11 SC body

>speedo fix
>odometer fix
>sloppy shifting
>popping out of fifth gear
>hks boost gauge set up
>horn set up
>steering wheel
>frunk fix
>engine lid fix
>cigarette lighter
>new shift boot (maybe a gated shifter?)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.