[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cousin has a honda civic im gonna buy and shes taught me how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (39KB, 800x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 800x717px
My cousin has a honda civic im gonna buy and shes taught me how to drive it yesterday and today afternoon. i stall occasioanlly and we went to a parking lot where there was a hill to practice starting on. like outbof the ten times i tried 6 i accidently let tire marks or the car quit. the other times i might roll back and two times i was able to do it a little bit but i really cant start on a hill

am i pathetic? id be nervous having to start on a hill out driving but i got to drive it on the road back to the house and didnt make it stall.

how bad is it that im best driving automatics? do most people know how to start on a hill? am i pathetic? thank you
>>
Just keep practicing, learn the biting point of the clutch. Try to keep rpms at around 2-3k when moving from a stop, for hills just use more rpm. Try not to worry about rolling back or stalling, shit happens.
>>
>>17233719
try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcWEIJGehXU
>>
>>17233776
thanks

the reason i wanna get where i dont roll on a hill is because id be afraid id hit someone

ill keep practicising
>>
>>17233801
If you are actually worried about hitting the car behind you, remember you can pull the handbrake two or three clicks while you take off then release it when you start moving.
>>
It sounds like you need to find that sweet, middle spot on the clutch.
>>
>>17233719
What's the worst that can happen if you hit the car behind you? They get out of their car and kill you? I agree that would be bad.
>>
you can roll back a bit, it's not a big deal
>>
>>17233719
Everyone struggles with a manual at first. The key is to find a perfect balance of phasing out the clutch as you push in the gas. I recommend starting to let out the clutch before you put on the gas.
>>
>>17233925
lol no but come on ive not had any accidents and i wouldnt really know how to handle that situation. call the cops and do they file anreport
>>
>>17233776
>2-3k rpm
I barely get above 1k by the time my clutch is fully engaged
>>
>>17233719
I probably wouldn't start with hill starts first. Just go around in circles on some flat land doing starts and stops. It will become muscle memory eventually.
>>
>>17234149
>>2-3k rpm
>I barely get above 1k by the time my clutch is fully engaged

Watch this vid OP:
>>17233798

Ideally you need 1.5-2 rpm for regular starts, 2-2.5 for hill. But instead of trying to hold the gas at a constant 1.5 rpm you can tap the throttle like in the vid to keep it in the sweet spot range
>>
>>17233776
>2-3k rpm
my car would spin tires at that RPM lmao
>>
>>17235934

reported
>>
Am I doing something wrong keeping my rpm between 1k-1300 I never stall or chug the engine and it seems much better for the clutch than revving higher to start. I also start in 2nd gear somewhat often or if im at a 2mph roll
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.