[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on the Polaris Slingshot. I may have an opportunity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
Red pill me on the Polaris Slingshot. I may have an opportunity to ride one in the near future and I want to know whether or not it is worth my time. I've looked at a few videos on YouTube and the power actually seems to be decent on them (300 whp on a 1700 lb frame) with a sub 5 0-60 and top speed around 135mph. It chirps 2nd gear so it can't be that slow.
>>
Okay sounds great! Seems like you made up your mind already. Go have fun in it and let us know what you think.
>>
Everyone I've seen driving one of those or something like it was a faggoty french canadian in a high-vis vest. And I don't mean I've seen one, I've seen like half a dozen and they all wore high-vis vests. What in the fuck even?
>>
>>17233232
It's just a go-cart, anon. It goes faster than one and you drive it around public roads and it's fun, but it's ultimately a go-cart.
>>
Polaris forums are a thing.

Is /o/ a Polaris forum?
>>
>>17233245
maybe you saw the same one
>>
>>17233232
It's not a motorcycle, it's a car with three wheels.

And as such, it has none of the pros of a bike and none of the pros of a car, but all of the cons of both.

It's slower than most bikes and it's way less practical than a car. You get wet when it rains, blasted with wind when it's windy and you can't store anything in it or filter between traffic or have easy parking like a motorcycle.

Also it's hideous, but looks are a personal thing.
>>
>>17233232
Saw one today..
>>
>>17233482
it's not supposed to be practical though, it's supposed to spin around
>>
>>17233263
yes. go to /o/ for mechanical advice
>>
>>17233482

Obviously never driven one.

Wind is hardly an issue given how low you sit, even then with a helmet I didn't feel shit.

Slower than most bikes? 135mph top speed, maybe the top 20% of bikes on the road are capable of that, and an even smaller group would even hit that for more than a few seconds. This could reasonably maintain that given its stability over a motorcycle.

Go test drive one before you knock it. It's a fun weekend cruiser and a blast to zip around. If I didn't already own 3 bikes, I'd have one for fun cruises on the weekend.
>>
300 hp? 135 mph top speed? Only around 5 seconds 0-60 with it being that light? I'd figure more like sub 4 seconds with that kind of power to weight.

300 whp out to really move that thing up to at least 160. It's got to be governed,
>>
So I just test drove one of these and it is without a doubt the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the displeasure of being in. I don't even know who would buy something like this. The transmission is complete shit. Not notchy at all like a Miata. The clutch and the throttle are idiot proof so there is no good feel to them at all. The throttle has some meme progressive stiffness to it. The rear tire breaks loose at like half throttle and the vehicle has no good sound at all. Don't know how it handles but you need a ridiculous amount of steering input before it actually turns.
>>
>>17233232
>>17235102
>>300hp

The Slingshot uses a 2.4L Ecotec engine rated at 173 hp /166 lb/ft; I assume you can push it to 300 with a {super,turbo}charger but then you're dealing with having one drive wheel without a lot of weight on it.

>>17236284
I've not driven one, but at last years auto show I sat in one and tried out how the stick felt, it seemed really clunky and rough.

This vehicle is basically a road toy built by a company that, best I can tell, had no prior experience with on-road vehicles. I admire Polaris for putting in the effort to make something like this, but from everything I've read it needs a LOT of refinement and tuning yet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.