[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lokking to get a comfy luxobarge, Specifically a 2008 Acura Rl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2008_acura_rl-pic-12334-640x480.jpg (64KB, 640x312px) Image search: [Google]
2008_acura_rl-pic-12334-640x480.jpg
64KB, 640x312px
Lokking to get a comfy luxobarge, Specifically a 2008 Acura Rl (was looking at the Lexus ls430 but no real decent deal in my area).

Reviews say it's a decent car, I test drove one & it felt pretty comfy, you guys have any experience with the RL?
>>
One thing that's interesting is i don't see many of these cars around my area. I can't see much wrong with them other than being a little under powered and having lower gas mileage.

But then again i'm looking for something to cruise in that's really reliable, nothing really fast. The AWD is a plus and i really liked the interior.

Heard there were a few issues with electronics crapping out (bluetooth module, Keyless entry) but that's to be expected with an old flagship model.

That & timing belt changes every 170000km. Once again not a big deal.
>>
Just buy it OP. Its literally an accord with a larger wheel base and nicer interior.

You already did ur research u dont need /o/tists approval
>>
>>17232836
I know i don't but i like talking to other people about cars & sometimes you guys have some pretty good insight into stuff i might miss.
>>
>>17232707
SH-AWD is great, and it's basically a fancy Accord

Get it feggit
>>
>>17232862
Probably will, Going from an old beat to shit 2002 corolla to driving this is going to be one hell of an adjustment though.

Been a while since i drove a comfortable car.
>>
>>17232862
It is japanese built, and has a ton of nice features

Shawd is a beast. Keep your foot on the gas, works great.

The transmission is its own unit, so not subject to the bullshit that afflicted the TL and Accords. Very solid

It's a 250-300k mile car easy.

Ironically, I bought my ls430 because I couldn't find a RL that met my requirements.
>>
has a timing belt, watch out for that
>>
>>17234767
Not that big of a deal. You'll make up for it in having less to fix or maintain overall on the car compared to other autos.
>>
>>17235764
Everyone I have ever advised to buy a Buick like mine has always said this, but in 7 years, all I've had to replace is the water pump and an alternator. Like $100 total.
>>
OP I am also considering this car. My only hesitation is the transmission. My dad has a TL and already went through two transmissions... at $3k a piece.
Whats your price range for the RL. Because you might be buying someone is sitting on a grenade transmission.

Id still get a mechanic to check it out.
Last, the Suspension is a bit sophisticated.. i.e. expensive if its abused.
>>
>>17234733
>The transmission is its own unit, so not subject to the bullshit that afflicted the TL and Accords. Very solid

What did he mean by this?
>>
Where are you located op?
>>
>>17236402
Did he have a 2nd gen TL? These RLs don't really have transmission problems
>>
>>17232707
post your local craigslist
>>
>>17232707
I'd go for the Lexus.
Plus, what advantages does the RL have over the TL? It's certainly uglier.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.