[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a Forester XT? http://www.autotrader.com/car-ne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 265680.jpg (48KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
265680.jpg
48KB, 620x414px
Should I get a Forester XT?
http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/the-original-subaru-forester-xt-was-a-stick-shift-rocket-ship-265678

Sounds like it would be overlooked by most and it offers decent performance and practicality. The manufacturer stated hp is completely underrated as well? 210hp and 5.3s to 60?
>>
>>17232121
Great and alot of fun, would not buy unless I could get a clean example with low miles
>>
If you are anywhere but """""""""""freedomland""""""""""" you can import cheep jap-mantained XTs for less than what they would sell when they are legal to import in """""""""""freedomland""""""""""".

http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/26795/Subaru/FORESTER/car-for-sale.html
>>
>>17232287
Live in Canada, plan on getting a RHD forester as soon as I graduated uni. Foresters and CRV's are cheap as fuck cause they can he shipped more efficiently, it has something to do with their physical dimensions IIRC
>>
How do they take mileage? Lowest I can find is 70,000 miles
>>
>>17232121
I know people don't care about 0-30 times, but if you do, you can be happy knowing the XT hits 30 fractions of a second slower than a Veyron
>>
Socal here, I gave up looking for a decent one. People scoop them up to take the engine out.
>>
>>17232453
If you keep up with basic maintenance it should have no problem blowing through 200k. You should expect that you'll have to do some nontrivial maintenance along the way, like your front CV joints are going to need replaced along the way, maybe the muffler rusts out, a tie rod end wears out, maybe the alternator goes. The suspension dampers will likely become all worn out before then. I can do stuff like that myself, though, so paying only parts costs and an afternoon once in a while kept that being clearly economically worthwhile.

But they tend to age well. My Aunt had the wagon version of that and loved being able to push her foot in it and zoom away from crazy drivers on the highway.
>>
>>17232121
>The manufacturer stated hp is completely underrated as well?

At that time there was a horsepower tax in Japan, so lots of cars have incorrect figures.
>>
>>17232121
>buying a memebaru
Y tho
>>
>>17233421
This particular era is still an inexpensive grocery getter, but they move, you can beat on them, they go straight or sideways through the snow per your choosing. Decent racecar for the college kid or the family man on a budget.
>>
>>17234278
>inexpensive
takes premium gas
costly headgasket jobs and other labor intensive repairs because flat engine

>goes straight or sideways in the snow
same as any other car with snow tires.

>racecar
it's a shitty crossover anon. you're in denial.
>>
>>17234617
>using snow tires in the snow

I wouldn't want a forester personally, but Subaru accidentally made them go like stink for a bit, and they're alright for racecar.
>>
>>17234628
Lol they can be built with OEM parts to STI levels while weighing 15LBS less than the impreza
>>
>>17234643
and then you have a modded unreliable shitbox.
>>
>>17234651
But then why not just buy an impreza?

Back in the day they were fun and capable as hell and still had plenty of interior room you could use beyond having to strap things to the roof.
>>
>>17232478
I read this like its Fast & Furious summer of 1994 and my friend's Integra got stolen... for the engine.
So yea... fuck that. I'd avoid.. or it better have some kind of key computer chip deal, like my prelude did back then.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.