[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey there /o/, I'm looking to buy a new (to me) commuter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 2014-toyota-corolla_100458278_l.jpg (183KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
2014-toyota-corolla_100458278_l.jpg
183KB, 1024x682px
Hey there /o/, I'm looking to buy a new (to me) commuter car to put about 300 miles a week on. Currently I'm thinking about a 2014-2016 Corolla, as the company I work for will provide $1500 towards my down payment if I get a car newer than five years old. Also, I would like to build my credit.

I test drove a Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, and the aforementioned Corolla, and found that I MUCH preferred the Corolla, it simply felt like a more well put together vehicle, and came with a manual which was a plus because I would like to save gas as much as possible.

I'll admit, I'm a normie when it comes to cars, and my knowledge level is fairly low. With my parameters being newer than five years old, being fairly reliable and getting decent gas mileage, do you guys think I'm making the right choice?

Thanks for your advice.
>>
It's not a bad choice, a rather safe one actually, but personally I feel that the other cars you drove, as well as a few more, would be better commuters. But if that's the car that makes you feel happiest, go for it.

Also, will you need the extra space of a corolla vs. something like the yaris/scion iA or honda fit?
>>
>>17227054
Get a nice Mazda3 2014 or 2015.

They drive amazingly well and get great mileage.
>>
>>17227446
the road noise and suspension firmness is slightly less comfortable than the other cars OP drove, but if fun is a priority than the mazda3 is the best one in that segment
>>
>>17227479
OP here, just got off work. How does one quantify fun? More horsepower? Better handling for when I'm commuting on the togue? Also are you aware if there is a difference in reliability? I was under the impression that Toyota's were the most reliable. I'll look up some Mazda3's and see if they have one at one of the nearby lots. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>17227879
>Also are you aware if there is a difference in reliability
Yes, Mazda's are unreliable shits. Get the Toyota
>>
>>17227291
Whoops, forgot to quote you on the previous post. Why do you think the other cars are better? The Cruze really felt like a cheap piece of shit, and the steering felt very "loose", idk how else to describe it. Like the steering wheel isn't connected to the wheels. I was not impressed. The Focus was nice, imo not as good looking as the Corolla, but a thousand or so cheaper. Problem with those was that there wasn't a manual available. The elantra was pretty nice too, but when I stepped on it to get on the freeway I felt no power. Again, I'm not looking for a race car, but the car was really damn slow, it made the other economy cars I drove feel fast. Also automatic only. Is there some sort of benefit to them that I don't understand?
>>
Automatic>manual.

The only reason to own a manual is if you're a cuck, plain and simple.
>>
Get the Corolla.
>>
>>17227902
I heard the cruze was comfortable, but I personally haven't sat in the new one. Not all that surprised it feels like shit. The elantra i think has a better interior imo, didnt realise it was that much slower. the focus i've spent some time in and i found it to be a nice, if weird looking, car that would have better handling and power. but if you can't find manual, then its not worth it.

a mazda3 might not be AS reliable, but i think it will serve you just fine as long as it is taken care of. plus it has a way better interior and feel, imo
>>
>>17227976
This, / Thread.

My girl had one, will buy again. We had to sell it to move nothing was wrong with it for $10k.
Peppy little car, comfy, simple... Put some tint on the windows for "fun".
>>
>>17227054
just keep driving your current car or get a civic for 3k.
>>
Did you test the Elantra Sport?

It's getting rave reviews as a genuinely fun to drive econobox. 201hp, 6-Speed, independent rear suspension on top of a better warranty than the Crolooa as well as more available rebates/incentives. They're stacked pretty equally on tech except Hyundai does infotainment better than Toyota right now too. You would t get Android Auto or Apple Carplay as standard, at all on the Corolla for instance.
>>
>>17229304
damn phone.

"Corolla

*You wouldn't
>>
File: 57606-9691m.jpg (61KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
57606-9691m.jpg
61KB, 400x236px
What's your budget? 2017 Camry's are on DEEP discount, you can get a brand new SE for 17,500 before tax/tags. That's probably lower than wahtever price you negosturbated on a Corolla (unless used).

Also 2nding check out the Elantra Spurt. Also check for a 2016 Civic near you, if you are set on buying several years old/used.

I've never bought a used car in my life before, nor anyone in my family, but from what I've read that's the best way to save money if that's your priority over having a brand new vehicle.
>>
>>17229304
If you go for this you will have to get a brand new one. Also weak insurance rating.
>>
Corolla and Mazda3 are your best bets in that price range and size. Both are reliable (Toyota more-so though) and good on gas, interior and handling I'd have to give to Mazda... however I second the other anon here who suggested a Camry or even a loaded Corolla S would be the same price at this point since they're heavily discounted. If you have questions about the Corolla ask away, I have a '15 S
>>
>>17227879
Mazda rotary models are unreliable like >>17227890 said
But rotary models are usually named RX.
Mazda3 / Miata is good.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.