[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone on here had experience with or know someone who has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: project-818-7.jpg (157KB, 950x426px) Image search: [Google]
project-818-7.jpg
157KB, 950x426px
Has anyone on here had experience with or know someone who has had experience with a factory five kit? The 818 Kit only cost 10 grand and then you have to use a 2002 to 2007 Subaru for the drivetrain and other various components. Seems to me you could easily have a 2000 pound mid-engine car pushing out around 300 rear wheel horsepower for less than 15 thousand. It looks like a heck of a deal. So any of you guys had any experience with these kits?
>>
>>17225066
why dont you try a factory five forum..
>>
>>17225071
The people that post on forums for a certain product usually are fanboys of that product or at the very least trying to convince ourselves how awesome it is to justify the money they spend. You will almost never find a Post saying that the product is bad or not worth it. Very rarely do you get an honest objective opinion of something on a forum dedicated to that product.
>>
>>17225066
just buy a MRS and k20 swap it.
You can have it pushing 4-500 for same amount of money
>>
>>17225090
But an MRS is not exotic
>>
>>17225090
No way could an MRS be comparable to some of the stuff those Factory Five Guys put out. They're basically race cars with deal frames and lightweight fiberglass bodies. I guarantee you put both of them on any and if Mrs will feel like a POS in comparison.
>>
>>17225102
It's not but it's extremely interesting.
>>17225116
At the end of the day you'll still have a cheap, light great handling car with lots of power. And a lot more reliable.

Sure it's not gonna be same tier but you will save yourself a lot of headaches and you'll be competetive. Car is nothing more than an extension of the driver. If the driver is shit all cars are gonna perform shit. Laptimes and 1/4 times never tell the complete story.

Kit cars are always a headache. K20 swap is gonna be an headache too but there's less to go wrong.
>>
>>17225083
>The people that post on forums for a certain product usually are fanboys of that product or at the very least trying to convince ourselves how awesome it is to justify the money they spend.
You're fucking clueless.
>>
>>17225141
spyderchat.com is ironically worse at spyder chat than miata or mr2 forums.
>>
>>17225145
no one on this board owns a factory five kit I can assure you that.
>>
I wonder if you can use a cayman drivetran

Yet again you might just buy a cayman
>>
Hey op. I've had expirence with the 818. Almost bought one. Here's the redpill: it breaks a lot. It overheats, if you want to make it road legal you will have to do several custom fabrications if your state requires an inspection. Also to actually finish the car and get it looking great you are looking at low 30k range. Hope this helps.
>>
Dude buy a Subaru that was salvaged due to body damage. You won't need to use any of the body work so you can probably get it put together e en cheaper. The best part is it won't mater that the Subaru is salvaged as the kit car will get a new title.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.