[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do people get salvaged cars and sell them for cheap looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: salvage.jpg (54KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
salvage.jpg
54KB, 400x300px
how do people get salvaged cars and sell them for cheap

looks like you can get the car for 200$ and sell it for 1000$
>>
you need a chunk of land and a bunch of them because you won't make very much money selling one car, one piece at a time

are you really so thick you needed to start a thread about this?
>>
File: IMG_1403.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1403.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17222538
If you're thinking of fixing a car with a salvage title, you would need a shop. The full ability to cut one end of the car off, and weld on a new end. The only reason why anyone makes money doing it is by owning a shop, and having the mechanics work on it during down time. Also, it's never going to be a $200 wreck, but a fairly new car that has some value.

Most of the time, it's like >>17222569 said. They sell parts off the wreck, then scrap the rest. That's what I'm doing with my wreck, but not making a profit, just easing the loss.
>>
>>17222569
you need more than land you need buy the salvaged car from the insurance company that totaled it.
>>
>>17222642
oh you meant literally how do you buy them...
get a dealer license and go to auction
>>
>get dealers license
>go to iaai.com
>????
>don't profit because you have no idea what your doing
>>
>>17222716
This is what my brother does minus the last part. He works at a body shop. The trick is to buy shit that just needs some minor work like replacing mostly cosmetic items. You dont want to buy something that you're going to have to try to straighten out the chassis or some shit like that. Just simple panel replacement, tires, glass, seats etc. He's been doing this for years, right now he has about 5 cars at the shop and 3 at the house. The only thing is that his daughter is the one that actually sells them because he doesnt have enough time to deal with all the people
>>
>>17222538
Copart
>>
>>17222632
Why does it say 327 on valve cover?
>>
File: IMG_20161118_154309620.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_154309620.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>17222752
A friend of mine does it for a living. I bought a totaled f250 off their for myself. Can be a good way to make money if you know what your doing.
>>
>>17222716
All those cheap ass project cars with clean titles are tantalizing for just a consumer
>>
>>17222538
check with your local towing companies. they tend to have auctions on cars and trucks that have been impounded and on the lot for more than 30 days. some are nice some are crap. sometimes you get lucky and get a newish vehicle.
>>
>>17222801
Not a clue. It's a 2003 Expedition 4.6 V8, and that sticker was there when I cut away the body. Must have to do with the production line.

I got totaled about a month ago, as can be seen by how displaced the driveshaft is from the frame bending. Now I'm just getting what I can out of it.
>>
>>17222882
i assume most cars in there would have a critical problem like a blown gasket. i never done head gasket work before but it says its atleast 2000$ which is more than you can sell it for
>>
>>17223201
it costs like 30 bux to change a head gasket...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.