[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw try to fix something in your car only to find 10 more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: C_uRr3_XoAAJr43.jpg (83KB, 438x896px) Image search: [Google]
C_uRr3_XoAAJr43.jpg
83KB, 438x896px
>tfw try to fix something in your car only to find 10 more things that need fixing
>and then fuck up the first thing too and still have to fix that
>google problem and find forum dedicated to specific make and model
>"just take it to the dealer lol"

itt: group therapy for shitty DIY car repair problems

whatcha workin on, /o/
>>
Working on my firebird. I ran over an suv (she slammed into back of car in front of her and I hit her) and wiped the front end off of my car. I ended up just getting another dd and storing the bird. I found a guy who has 4 fbodies and needs some cars moved around his property. Said he'll give me all the parts i need if I'll move some stuff around, may do that today.
Got the body bolts out of the old jeep and gonna replace them and the mounts.
Many projects that aren't cars also.
>>
>>17219269
Need new control arm bushings on my shitbox, but the bolts are rusted to fuck because lolNewEnglandWinterCar. They've been soaking in PB blaster for 4 days and still won't budge. Shop wants $900 to do them, fuck that. I'm too poor.

My motorcycle needs a new rear tyre, but again, I'm poor and I don't want a shit tire that will evaporate in 2000 miles. I can't find Michelin City Grips in the size I need anywhere locally or online, so I've been riding my 50cc scooter.

I need to install a new kitchen faucet and drain pipe too.
>>
>>17219455
get a torch and a air or electric impact hammer. Heat it up till it gets red hot then just bash the fucking bolts out with the hammer. Then sand down the hole and make sure you use anti seize
>>
>>17219534
I have tried pnumatic impact, haven't tried heat yet. Will do.

Thanks
>>
>>17219588
try and heat both the bolt and the housing its in... then hope and pray, fuck them new England cars.......
>>
>>17219621
>try and heat both the bolt and the housing its in
No man you want to heat the area around the bolt. If you heat just the bolt, it expands and becomes more stuck.
>>
>>17219888
I mean I just torch everything and beat on it till its free. but yeah if you heat the bolt too much itll just expand and wedge
>>
Im an Infiniti dealership mechanic so I have projects daily. Started timing chains on a QX56 before I left work. Did an airbag recall and dash replacement on an M35 this morning and some other miscellaneous services.

Luxury car owners are spoiled little bitches.
>>
>>17219269
Swapped some blue leather seats from a Lincoln Towncar. I think it was a 2002? Anyway, I swapped the seats out pretty easily, the bolt pattern was the same and everything. But because the seats are from a 2002 Towncar and my car is a 2011 CVPI, only one of the plugs under the seat were compatible.

There was a small brown plug that I was able to connect.
There was a larger grey plug that was not compatible with my wire harness.
There is also a small yellow plug that my Crown Vic wire harness didn't have anything to hook up to. I assume that is for the seat warmers? I dont care about seat warmers though.

I am able to adjust the seats such as move them forward and back and adjust the angling. but I cant recline the back or adjust the lumbar support. I assume the grey plug that I couldn't hook up was power for the pack of the seat?

I have been trying to find some sort of wire diagram to show what wires did what for the town car so I can take the grey plug off those seats and splice in the plug I cut from from my old Crown Vic seats but I cant find any info on it.
>>
>>17219269
My wife's neon needs a new crankshaft sensor.
>stupid fucking plastic
>won't fucking budge
>don't want to break it off
>>
File: IMG_20170429_185843960_HDR.jpg (3MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170429_185843960_HDR.jpg
3MB, 2160x3840px
Have to replace hood and bumper after some jackass brake checked me. Pure hit and run too when he saw that I had a passenger in the front seat. Not to mention, I just got the car repainted. Fucking cunt.
>>
>>17221969
>brake checked you
>you couldn't stop in time
You were following too close and he meant to illustrate that point to you. It looks like he succeeded and also you suck at driving.
>>
>>17222004

this x1000

lmao @ the fag in the acura fartcannon P O S
>>
>>17221969
>be red acura bruh
>be shit driver
>be driving along way to close to another car
>he gets sick of acura bruh riding his ass
>brake checks him
>acura bruh too busy vaping like a faggot
>runs into back of car
>other guy drives off laughing at dumb faggot that cant drive

BOI
>>
>>17222004
this honestly
>>
File: 1386627921321.gif (930KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1386627921321.gif
930KB, 400x300px
>wash car today, didn't do much with fucking pollen everywhere but mostly as an excuse to get drenched and beat the heat
>get it done, feelsgoodman
>get in car
>there's a couple water spots on the windshield
>how did i miss those, get out and wipe them
>they're on the inside
>what in the goddamn?
>look up
>fucking massive crack in the windshield running from the roof down across the rearview mirror area and off to the passenger side where it stops
>wasn't there last night when I parked
>visible chip in windshield near the roof inline with the crack

WHY/HOW
>>
Trying to replace tail lights with led version but the new led tail lights seem to be missing their weather stripping and i didnt notice.

I can try replacing the old housing with the led internals but if i do that and fuck up then ill have NO working lights so im too scared to do it

Should i man up and do it o? Is this something an auto electrician can do?
>>
>>17219888
>>17220026
You're both right and wrong. Heating the bolt will usually break its rust, allowing you to turn it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.