[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 STI owner here with 3,400km on it. I have ground gears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0544.jpg (55KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0544.jpg
55KB, 500x461px
2017 STI owner here with 3,400km on it.

I have ground gears about 7-10 times in the 3 months I've owned it (learning to drive manual on it).

I thought I was over it but just today on the way home I ground 3rd while having some WOT fun. It lasts maybe a second then I nail the clutch. I guess some times I release the clutch before the gear is fully engaged.

Is my transmission kill? Honestly I feel like I should just park this thing until I can drive it properly.

Or is it not as bad as I think?

Please advise.
>>
It's fine. You can do this thousands of times with minimal wear. Also the STi 6-speeds are durable as fuck.
>>
why in gods name did you buy a new car to learn manual on?
>>
File: IMG_0656.jpg (79KB, 736x1101px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.jpg
79KB, 736x1101px
>>17217372

Thanks. It just sounds so fucking bad and I feel like I've stepped on my dogs tail.

If you google it the forums are full of people saying to trade it in because it will be ruined forever by the grind.
>>
>>17217357
It's bizarre that you chose a brand new car to learn how to drive on. Most people start with shitboxes.
>>
>>17217406

I could "drive manual" but I've never had a manual car to daily drive.

I never had something to drive consistently enough to learn how to be a pro, I guess I should have said.

I thought I was pretty good until I had to drive one all the time.
>>
>>17217407
Well, it just so happens that I owned an STi for 6 years and it happened on occasion due to the notchy feel of the shifter. It's just fine - I mean, try to avoid it in the future but don't worry about it at all.
>>
>>17217357
Change your transaxle fluid to eliminate debris.
>>
>>17217357
You'll never learn to drive it if you don't actually drive it. Sell the car after the warranty is up and let the 2nd owner deal with the gearbox, in the meantime it'll be just fine and if you manage to break it it still is under warranty so who cares.
>>
>>17217434
>>17217495

Thank you sir, you have soothed my beating heart.

Honestly that sound is so bad I was sure that was the end of my transmission
>>
Clutch in all the way and get familiar with the track of the shifter
>>
>>17217434
wait you're not that Panda STI dude from MKE are you?
>>
File: DSC_0052.jpg (65KB, 799x535px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0052.jpg
65KB, 799x535px
>>17218063
I doubt it. I sold the STi in 2014 and am not familiar with this "MKE" acronym.

Pic is my former subie.
>>
>>17218074
MKE = Milwaukee. I bought an FP red from some dude on nasioc for a friend and his username was Panda STI or something like it. had no idea why until he showed up in an 04/05 STI with a black trunk, spoiler, fenders and bumpers and a white hood, roof, pillars and doors. I was really hoping that was you so I could make fun of you because it looked fucking stupid.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.