[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to vent... Post the worst excuses for cars you've ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Piece of Shit.jpg (196KB, 1910x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Piece of Shit.jpg
196KB, 1910x1132px
Need to vent... Post the worst excuses for cars you've ever had to work on.

Pic very, very related. Chevrolet Aveo, owned by my girlfriend. Piece of shit is barely 6 years old and still has less than 100K miles.

In 2014 the ignition coil fried out, and only In the last year that I've had to deal with this heap, the AC compressor has given out, I've seriously had to replace the headlight/tail light/turn signal bulbs more times than I can count, and I don't really understand this one but I swear to christ the windshield somehow splintered and cracked while cruising through a parking lot... I don't even fucking know how. The on-dash clock has also gone out and keeps resetting the time, which is apparently a common issue due to poor soldering. The plastic intake also split and cracked, which was supposed to be a $300+ fix because Chevy in their infinite retardation put some sort of a MAF sensor directly into the tube. Ended up patching the tube myself as best I could with just fucking resin and tape to seal it off.

Besides the actual PROBLEMS on the car, the overall build quality just screams shit. The interior is the crappiest, shittiest plastic I've ever seen. Everything feels and looks like absolute bottom of the barrel material.

She also got in a pretty minor fender bender last year (impact was probably under 15 mph), but since the rear subframe has the strength of a goddamned rubber band the entire rear section of the cars suspension had to be replaced. Fucking wheel bowed inwards like it was connected with spaghetti.

Seriously can't even describe how much I hate this car. Boring to drive, and WAY more hassle and work than the piece of shit is worth. Thank christ she's wanting to sell it and buy either a Miata or a Z3/Z4 soon.

tl;dr - Chevrolet Aveo is the worst excuse for a car I've ever had to deal with. Absolutely horrible. Just had to get that out of my system. Share your story of heaps.
>>
My grandma has a base model 2012 fiesta with an automatic. Purchased brand new against advice but whatever. Worst car I've ever driven, it feels like the first shift is at 5 mph, it's cramped and filled with cheap plastic. It only has 28k grandma driven miles on it and switches and electrical shit is already starting to break. I'm sure it'd be better with a stick or the ST ones but the base model is absolute shit.
>>
>>17215859
Honestly not to be "that guy" but I seriously just don't think economy cars are something that domestic manufacturers do well. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc just do a way fucking better job of those.

And I feel your pain on the Ford automatic transmissions. I hate the electronic "lag" they have programmed into the throttle as well, absolutely horrendous. There's a full 1->2 second delay between pegging the throttle to when the car will actually provide the air/fuel to rev up.
>>
honestly any 6.2 detroit motor makes me want to commit soduku when I work on it. fuck that thing.
I swear to god they run on blowby and sheer fucking luck.
>>
>>17215883
Considering that honda has more US plants than ford does says something about "domestic"
>>
>>17215915
Yes, I think the same is true about Toyota (citation needed, but pretty sure).

The worst part is... and even though I didn't even know her at this point in her life, I'm embarassed to even say it... She spent $12000 for this car buying it from a RENTAL CAR COMPANY when it had like 25K miles on it.

I want to bash my head into a wall just thinking about that.
>>
>>17215798
Why are Americans so fucking obsessed with sedan-shaped cars? Never see shit like this in Europe, sedans are big cars like Passats, small cars should be hatchbacks for maximum efficient use of space and better handling.
>>
>>17215926
oh damn, they were like 10k new.
>>
>>17215940
Because our population is literally 70%+ overweight/obese, cannot fit into reasonably sized cars.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
My mom use to own the first run of Mincooper's Countryman S.. It's like driving a glorified toaster, and that's pretty much it. Total lemon, within the first 6 months had to bring it back to the dealer 4 times: one time because the passenger window somehow got jammed open?! After a few years the main problems had pretty much been worked out (A.C. stopped working, seat heater wouldn't regulate its temperature, engine over hear light came on for no reason and the tire pressure sensors would constantly come on and off, to name a few) so it was drivable.. But that's the limit. The 'S' just means the engine is somewhat more noticeable above the road noise you hear driving over 50 kmph.. Highway is loud as fuck. The high quality speakers started cracking pretty soon after we got the car because we blasted them out trying to hear the music over the car..
Worst of all the car us so light it bounces over potholes, and since the suspension is so stiff we would sometimes jump have a lane over in the process!
My recommendation is to stay clear from buying this car, it's insanely expensive and no feature can make up for the fact it's just not built for it's size. I was happy when my mom traded it out for her current Mercedes A series hatchback: all in all only cost her an additional 10k, for a great car that's actually worth what you pay for.
>>
>>17215979
>minicooper
found the problem
buy actual cars, anon
>>
File: IMG_4371.jpg (402KB, 1308x1016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4371.jpg
402KB, 1308x1016px
>>17215984
Thanks for the tip.. I myself have owned a 1997 Jeep Wrangler , and a 2010 Toyota RAV4. I've got no complaints here.
>>
>>17216028
My grandfather had a 99(?) Sahara Rangler, with the 4L V6. He loved that thing.

I really didn't like that vehicle, but it was 100% entirely personal preference. I had no problems with the way it ran, the reliability, or anything like that. I just like my nice low, nimble, sporty tuner cars which is definitely not what the Wrangler was built for and I understand that.
>>
>>17215798
This is why you don't buy shit box cars that are designed to be nothing more than a mobile appliance.
>>
>>17215940

Actually there is one big advantage that sedans have over hatchbacks, and that's length. A hatchback might have more cubic feet of space, but it is a box. If you want to move something like a table, some lumber for a small job, a long folding table or anything that's long you can't do it with a hatch.

A wagon would be even better, but the problem is that most wagons were ugly as fuck and it got associated with fuddy-duddy parents.
>>
>>17216037
Yeah I understand it's a preference! For back country CT it's perfect though :) unfortunately my driveway being rock chips chopped up the paint quite a bit :/
But I've got a special place in my heart for some souped up mean lean monster machine..
>>
>>17216065
On the rare occasion I was actually able to get that Wrangler anywhere off pavement, it was definitely a fantastic vehicle. I'd imagine it would be super fun off road.

I think the fact that Wranglers are a "personal preference" actually says a lot about them, or any vehicle really. It means they actually have their own flavor, or something that sets them apart and makes them noticeable rather than a plane jane boring econobox.

Like a Wrangler and a Miata. Opposite ends of the spectrum, both fantastic and fun autos.
>>
>>17215940
Hatchbacks are the latest greatest American meme
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.