[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the sheet metal on the underside of my rocker panels are rusting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 20170515_130436.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_130436.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
So the sheet metal on the underside of my rocker panels are rusting. Looks like all surface for now. Paint is peeling off.

Effextice way to totally halt corrosion?

I was thinking of removing the flaking paint then grinding the panels and coating with a couple layers of Tremclad and then clear coat.

Doesnt have to loom perfect. Its not visible unless you bend down.
>>
>I was thinking of removing the flaking paint then grinding the panels and coating with a couple layers of Tremclad and then clear coat
Yeah, that's pretty much the best thing you can do
>>
>>17208366

Any specific product you recommend commercially available?
>>
File: raptor2.png (90KB, 600x355px) Image search: [Google]
raptor2.png
90KB, 600x355px
>>17208379
I was told raptor spray is so strong that you could hide under your car during a nuclear explosion and survive
>>
>>17208347
buy some por-15. Its a chemical bonding paint so be careful. It will not come off shit you don't want it on.
>>
>>17208366
Por 15 that shit dude, it's on the underside so no top coat is needed
>>
>>17208443

If its just surface rust should I bother grinding it off or apply directly to rust assuming Ive cleaned the area with degreaser firat and removed any flaking bits.
>>
>>17208455
Remove flakes, apply directly on rust. Por 15 will not work unless there is rust present. The result will be a non-porous, hard, rust inert coating that can take a hammer blow and not come off.
>>
File: download (10).jpg (14KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
14KB, 228x221px
Don't get any on your hands though. You need to get cancer to get it off.
>>
>>17208481
also this, drop cloths, clothes, old clothes, safety glasses, new paint brushes that you will throw away. IT DOES NOT COME OFF.
>>
>>17208347
DO NOT USE RUBBERIZED COATINGS it will rot like crazy you can use a strong alkaline paint like zero-rust or you can go with the best stuff out there which is por-15
>>
>>17208492
gloves not clothes.
>>
>>17208443
Por 15 will likely do okay here. Though it doesn't stick to newish bare metal very well without special prep.
>>
>>17208455
Remove the flakes by hand, soap and water, dry, then por 15. Don't grind or sand.
>>
Thanks for the advice guys. Itll be a good Sunday project to work on.
>>
>>17208501
True
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.