[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about priming myself to drive on the left side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: driveleft[1].jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
driveleft[1].jpg
103KB, 800x600px
How would I go about priming myself to drive on the left side of the road, say if I was going to visit such a country?

I would suspect it would be difficult since driving on the right side is thoroughly internalized.
>>
>>17201538
Never done it, but they say the first five minutes is sheer terror, and after that it's like you've done it all your life.

Good luck in Japan, Ken-Sama.
>>
Are you going in your own car or are you going to rent one with the steering wheel on the appropriate side?
>>
>>17201645
Changing lanes and roundabouts are what worries me the most. So I sure hope you're right.

>>17201649
Rental, most likeky.
>>
Nowhere that drives on the left is worth visiting.
>>
Keep the passenger towards the curb.
>>
>>17201667
Just remember that the driver must always be towards the center line in either traffic system. If you find yourself on the outside of the road you dun fucked up. It'll probably come relatively instinctively because of the driver position. Would be worse to drive a RHD car in LHD traffic.
>>
>>17201668
t. ignorant American
>>
>>17201538
>I would suspect it would be difficult since driving on the right side is thoroughly internalized.
It's not that bad except for looking at the mirrors. I just instinctively wanted to look up and to the right for the center mirror. Traffic circles were surprisingly easy to navigate.
>>
File: Driving-Countries[1].gif (20KB, 1349x857px) Image search: [Google]
Driving-Countries[1].gif
20KB, 1349x857px
>>17201668

Not wanting to drive in the Thai countryside getting sucked off by a cute katoey while checking out the vistas.
>>
>>17201681
t. Britbong who doesn't realize driving on the left is the vast minority
>>
>>17201697
It's a minority, but it's not negligible. 27% of the world's road networks and 34% of the world population drive on the left, and left-hand traffic countries include some of the world's most significant car makers.

Also I'm German.
>>
File: IMG_0022.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17201668
I wouldn't mind a bike trip through Namibia and Botswana, but then again it doesn't matter for bikes.

Bikes 1 - 0 Cars
>>
>>17201704
literally solely inflated by the nips and the pajeets
nowhere relevant drives on the left
>>
>>17201668
>>17201712

Same goes with places using imperial units tho
>>
>>17201716
There are only three countries that use inch and footy lengthy-looky, the US and two literal whos that are completely irrelevant.
>>
>>17201722
So three literal whos.
>>
File: 300-x-300-cleveland.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300-x-300-cleveland.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
>>17201722
case in point
>>
>>17201726
if america is a literal who, why do euroclaps get so frustrated when it's mentioned?
>>
aaaaand there it is, another country bashing thread on /o/

seriously fuck off /pol/
>>
>>17201538
You think you're primed for driving one side, but really you're primed for driving along in traffic. As long as there was traffic on the road I had no problems at all. Including lane swaps, round abouts, and what else you mention.

Only time it went wrong was when it was late and was alone on the road. Then auto pilot took over.
>>
Any driving simulators or vidya that features driving on the left-hand side?
>>
>>17201667
>Rental, most likeky.

Good. Rent one with an auto transmission if possible. No sense in having to shift with the other hand while paying attention to other crap.
>>
>>17201696
Wait just a minute! When did Canada switch over?

Maybe this is why they are always blowing horns at me when I'm up there.
>>
>>17201668
Chapman's Peak, and many other beautiful windy roads in South Africa.
>>
>>17201696
Hong Kong is left driving, too.
>>
>>17201668
Dumb yank
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.