[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why will rally drivers often handbrake turn on asphalt? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Why will rally drivers often handbrake turn on asphalt?

It makes sense on a loose surface, but since circuit cars don't handbrake turn (as it's the slowest way of going through a hairpin). Why do rally drivers do it?
>>
It's a different type of a car that requires a different kind of driving.

or; rally drivers have no idea what the fuck they are doing and are all just chavs and stoners who played way too much forza/wrc rally championship on a playstation 2 the day they recovered from a rave where they drank too much vodka redbull & ate m&ms
>>
>>17201395
Awd, they can instantly face the direction they want to go and have the power to launch straight after
>>
they don't do it in f1 and endurance racing because of the type of cars they're running
to put it into perspective, bike racing slides the rear a lot on corner exit
in the case of rally cars they have enough power that they can afford to slide for a while to have better exit speed
>>
Unrelated, but where can I watch rally races? Any good youtube channels for older stuff?
>>
Watching these videos really wants to make me buy a Polo or Focus.
>>
>>17201395
Don't cpmpare track asphalt and rallying asphalt. Rally cars have less grip on it, both because the asphalt they run on is not prepped and because they don't run wide-ass slicks, so their mechanical grip is nowhere near circuit cars. Aero doesn't work much at these speeds, not that they have massive amounts of it in the first place.
>>
>>17201405
you are implying there are better driver than rally drivers(which there are not)
>>
Race tracks have perfect surfaces that are meticulously maintained (at least in theroy) so you run wide slicks
Rally tracks are just average roads, and are maintained as such so you need to run tread and skinnier, which results in less lateral grip and makes it easier to slide than to turn
>>
>>17201405

A drunk finn is probably a better driver than you
>>
>>17202445
that's true because the natural state of a finn is to be drunk at all times

when they are sober is where they are at a disadvantage
>>
>>17202445
Perkele
>>
>>17201425

https://plus.wrc.com/en/
>>
File: wrc.jpg (325KB, 900x383px) Image search: [Google]
wrc.jpg
325KB, 900x383px
>>17201951
>not that they have massive amounts of it in the first place.
Well, they didn't use to.
>>
>>17202509
that is literally only thereto avoid faceplanting after a jump
it creates drag and prevents rotation
>>
>>17201395

The hairpins in rally are significantly tighter than any you will find on a circuit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.