[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it dumb if I refuse to buy a car from a company that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: zondacinque.jpg (3MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
zondacinque.jpg
3MB, 6000x4000px
Is it dumb if I refuse to buy a car from a company that doesn't have a motorsports program?
>>
No, it's not dumb.

Hyundai literally has more race car cred than Subaru right now.
>>
People buy Chryslers and Dodges despite their laughable Motorsport history
>>
>>17200543
Definitely not rally though.
>>
>>17200580
Wut, veloster has plenty of rally, not subie in there glory days, but still.
>>
>>17200580
Maybe not in historical wins, but Hyundai's had the Tiburon back in the Group A days, and the i20 in WRC right now.

What's Subaru got? Some momcars, an ancient engine way over the front axle, and nothing that is the correct size to compete at the top level in international competition. Not even trying to shill Hyundai, it's just the facts.
>>
>>17200543

Hyundai doesn't run that program, they just lend the company their name (and I think fund it). Do the research.
>>
>>17200789
Hyundai Motorsport began when Hyundai competed in the F2 class of the World Rally Championship in 1998 and 1999. It was run by British company Motor Sports Development (MSD), with David Whitehead as team principal

There it is. Kind of a bummer. I wish Hyundai would take over the team and move it to Korea and start building true performance vehicles.
>>
No, because it also means they don't have a passion for cars which would mean they are just making cars as a utility tool which against everything most of us are about.

TLDR; buy a Ford or Porsche
>>
File: leah pritchett.jpg (129KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
leah pritchett.jpg
129KB, 1024x706px
>>17200537

How fucking autistic do you have to be to compare a multi million dollar race car to a road going car? People in the developed world give a fuck about NASCAR and drag racing, Not faggy F1 or LeMans.

I'd much rather a manufacture funnel that money into making their cars affordable for the average person than blowing it on racing aka advertising.
>>
>>17200789
You put it that way, and Toyota doesn't run Gazoo Racing. GM doesn't run Pratt & Miller. Ford doesn't run Multimatic. What matters is that those companies provide funding and engineering to the race outfit to do the engineering, testing, and racing. It'd be little different from buying said companies up and integrating them into the company, but now they have the independence to do what they do best.

>>17200886
t. Toyota or Dodge owner
>>
>>17200886
>How fucking autistic do you have to be to compare a multi million dollar race car to a road going car?
Bit what if you compare a half million gt3 to the road going gt3 that is only a quarter million.
>>
>>17200537
THE F U SAY
>>
>>17200886
You give us Americans a bad name. Why not just appreciate motorsport for what it is.
>>
>>17202994

>retired after 10 laps
>>
>>17203009
Jokes on you, they didn't even race at Sebring when I saw this thing in the flesh. They had electrical issues.
>>
Endurance racing proves the car won't completely fall apart

Sprint racing is meaningless.
>>
>>17203002
>What it is
>Same bunch of companies flinging shit at each other, money politics, everything's rigged, and stupid rules to benefit stupid companies
>>
>>17203027
This, 24hr Burgerking is my favourite yearly race.

World's fastest drivethrough.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.