[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some ways to get rid of cabin drone? I have a muffler,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 4K-cars-wallpapers-8.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
4K-cars-wallpapers-8.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
What are some ways to get rid of cabin drone? I have a muffler, resonator and precat in my headers.
>>
Going from H to X pipe made mine manageable.
>>
>>17198685
>resonator
>muffler
>precats
>still has drone
What RPM are you cruising at?
>>
>>17198740
Oh the thing is i bought a new muffler and i get drone at around 2-3k rpm. Would adding a second resonator help you think?
>>
>>17198753
Huh. This doesn't make sense.
>>
>makes the outside of the car louder
>doesn't expect the inside of the car to get louder
>>
>>17198917
I bought a new muffler and now i have a lot of cabin drone. How can i fix it without replacing the muffler?
>>
strip out your interior and put dynamat everywhere
>>
>drone
who gives a fuck. put music on.
>>
Just straight piped my 2.0TFSI and while it sounds orgasmic, the cabin drone from 2K-3K RPM is getting to me, but it's the price you pay for being cool.
>>
>>17198997
0/10
>>
My question was would adding a second, possibly larger resonator help at all with that?
>>
>>17199023

Just keep welding mufflers into the line, my guy.
>>
Get a better exhaust system
>>
>>17198685
I just don't get people like you...I have lt headers, o/r x pipe and no mufflers on my mustang. Still isn't loud enough to really bother me. Then again, I don't get on the interstate with it so I'm never cruising at more than 45-50mph
>>
>>17199058
I have a girlfriend whom I like to talk to while i drive.
>>
>>17198969
This. I have a muffler and resonator delete and still don't hear the drone if I turn the music up loud enough (music doesn't even have to be up that high).
>>
>>17199067
You got me there, girls hate riding in my car for any extended amount of time, but I'm a fucking loaner so it's not like anyone else is in my car 99% of the time.
>>
>own a straight piped duramax
I love the sound, it keeps my gf quiet because she doesn't wanna talk over it. Can listen to music but not too loud or can just listen to the motor. All situations are a win. Get a vehicle that actually sounds good and you can stand listening to all the time.
>>
>>17198969

Put drone metal on
>>
>>17199098
>Duramax
Head the opportunity to rebuild one of these. Miserable crankshafts. What year is yours?
>>
>>17199073
Any suggestions then? My last resort would be getting a new muffler because of $$$.
>>
File: main_dynamat.jpg (27KB, 396x248px) Image search: [Google]
main_dynamat.jpg
27KB, 396x248px
>>17198685
>>
File: mustang-door-weatherstrip_1145.jpg (45KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
mustang-door-weatherstrip_1145.jpg
45KB, 800x533px
>>17198685
and this
>>
>>17199221
Should I apply it strategically? Or just all over
>>
File: ulYtYXJ.png (349KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ulYtYXJ.png
349KB, 1080x1920px
>>17198685
Add a bigger resonator or coat your cat in Dynamat
>>
>>17199314

You mean the Dynamat? Cover your entire floor with it, and the firewall too if you wanna get crazy, then since you got that far you may as well take off your doorskins and cover those too.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.