[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see one of a kind car I really want with just under 100k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1494152037524.jpg (165KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1494152037524.jpg
165KB, 1024x682px
>see one of a kind car I really want with just under 100k kms
>its_a_dealer.jpeg
>ad has two close up pics of some dents with rust
>decide it's not too bad and worth fixing
>call up for a test drive
>drive 120-ish km to dealer with a buddy
>drive to exact location but can't find dealer anywhere
>happen to see car sitting in some really tiny shitty lot, not even inside like on the pics
>shitskin dealer comes out, tells me there are 3 dealers on one location
>can already sense this is going to suck
>sure enough, see car has additional rust spots and both wheel well have rust holes
>ask the guy how the car ended up here
>he tells me it belonged to an old lady who wasn't allowed to drive anymore
>have to keep a straight face while hearing this
>dude starts up car, drives it out of the lot revving a couple of times like a retard
>pop the hood, ignore the brightly coloured cheap replacement battery
>get a rag, twist off the oil cap
>get blasted in the face with the fury of a thousand wallmart sharters
>spray is covering all of the engine bay and the bumper, creating a small smoke screen as the oil is burned by the exhaust manifold
>wipe face, move on
>ask buddy to rev a bit while I watch the exhaust
>looks like a fucking pressure washer
>do testdrive anyway because fuck it
>car drives well, shocks are good despite all this
>do a medium corner
>shitty tires already losing grip

I knew the car would be shit but I didn't expect it to be absolute trash. Why is this getting a nice car the most frustrating thing in the world, /o/?

...oh yeah, car buying stories ITT I guess.
>>
>taking off the oil cap while the engine is running
>complain that you get sprayed with oil

What exactly were you expecting?
>>
>>17197766
This was no simple spray, this was a fucking tidal wave.
>>
>>17197782
But why do it in the first place?
>>
>>17197784
To check for unhealthy amounts of blow by. The car is supposed to have less than 100k kms so it was either clocked back or trashed to fuck all by an old lady. This amount of spray shouldn't even happen with a clogged PCV valve.
>>
>>17197784
Not op but maybe to check PCV working?
>>
>>17197806
>>17197832
Can't you just check for oil leaks while the engine is off like a normal person?
>>
>>17197839
Wasn't checking for oil leaks, are you dense?
>>
>>17197832
You can check the PCV valve by taking it off and shaking it to hear for a rattle. Don't know about other methods. If the PCV is completely clogged and the dipstick should come flying out eventually, or the oil cap depending on if it's screwed on or not.

I didn't really want to take off bits of the engine in front of the dealer. Could've taken it off somewhere else during the test drive but forgot about it.
>>
>>17197755
You described more or less my experience with getting a truck last year.
Vehicle didn't even start at first. Lights didn't work. Looked like it was sitting under the trees unattended for some time.

If I call ahead maybe make it look presentable, holy shit. Some Indian guy working out of a rented office space in a rundown building.

He said his mechanic could fix all the problems but fucking seriously I'm not waiting for maintenance that should have been done before trying to land a sale.
>>
>>17197839
Do you not know what blow-by is? He's not checking for an oil leak.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.