[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so obsessed with making their cars look like they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5527.jpg (60KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5527.jpg
60KB, 620x465px
Why are people so obsessed with making their cars look like they're faster than they really are? It's not just Civic owners, it's people with Neons and Hyundais too. They go all out and buy new rims, tint their windows, add fins, paint stripes on their car... why? It's old. You drive a shitty car, deal with it. Mitsubishi Eclipse owners are some of the worst offenders. What's the point of dumping all this cash into modifications when it won't significantly change the performance of your vehicle?
It's ironic that with all the money that these morons dump into modification, they could have saved up and bought a real sports car in a couple of years instead of pretending like they drive one now. It doesn't matter how big your fins are, it doesn't matter how cool your rims look, it doesn't matter how much noise your muffler makes. You still drive a shitty car.
The other day I pulled up next to some jackass in an intersection. He started to rev up his engine and roll back and forth. I turned my head towards him, glanced at his car, glanced at him, rolled my eyes and turned back to the road. This pissed off the driver and as soon as the light turned green, he went peeling off. Way to go jackass.

Why didn't I race him? Because I don't drive a sports car and I know it. I could pretend I drive a sports car, just like anyone else. I could put giant fins on my car and pretend it's a jet or whatever. Or I could quit pretending and just drive my damn car to work and school. Watching people race in Civics is like watching people race in minivans. I suppose the competition is there, but it's anti-climactic. It's a race where even if you win, you lose.
What's the point of having a fast car anyway? Is there some legal speed that they're trying to reach that they can't seem to do with normal cars? Even if your car can go more than 200 mph, you have to break the law (more often than not) to do so. Way to go dipshit, you spent your life savings on something you can't use. Worthless.
>>
File: 1494524079230.jpg (148KB, 773x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494524079230.jpg
148KB, 773x576px
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-12-11-14-18-1.png (751KB, 1080x589px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-12-11-14-18-1.png
751KB, 1080x589px
>>17188895
Cool story faggot
> caring what other people spend their money on
>>
>>17188895
Mexicans. There is your answer.
>>
when you're young you want to stand out from the crowd. You want the rest of the world to think you're different and a special snowflake, so you do lame mods to cheap cars because that's all you can afford.

Same reason kids with daddy's money buy lame factory riced cars like WRX's or EVO's. You'll never see a 50 year old guy in a new factory riced Civic Si, unless he's a manchild or literally retarded.
>>
>>17188908
That's not accurate Mexicans ain't into what op described they into big ass subwoofers, outside speakers in grill to blast their music chrome lining you get at vatozone n some shitty wheels and farts cans
>>
>>17188895
This has potential to be good pasta; just change

>Watching people race in Civics is like watching people race in minivans

to

>Watching people race in GT86s is like watching people race in minivans
>>
>>17188895
Because when you modify and fix up an old car you have something unique that you feel responsible for creating.

Also you get to learn about how cars work and it's an experience when doing it.
>>
What's the point of having a fast car anyway? Is there some legal speed that they're trying to reach that they can't seem to do with normal cars?

It's called race tracks.
>>
Is this copypasta from some newsgroup in 2003?
>>
File: 1489114290404.jpg (39KB, 490x350px) Image search: [Google]
1489114290404.jpg
39KB, 490x350px
>>17188895
Nice pasta
>>
>>17189093
Go to work, watch tv, drive normal cars, wear normal clothes and do normal stuff.

Spend almost every day of your life going to work watching tv going to sleep and repeating these steps 5 days a week.

Then you have the weekend where you can watch tv all day and buy consumer products like clothes and iphones that help you look like everyone else.
>>
>>17188895
>Mitsubishi Eclipse owners are some of the worst offenders. What's the point of dumping all this cash into modifications when it won't significantly change the performance of your vehicle?
It's the same reason people buy Harley's. I guess a Harley can be made to put out power, but usually they are just loud and chromey. The first 2 gens of Mitsubishi eclipse can be made fast, but usually they are just visibly loud.
>>
>>17190695
No
>>
>>17189093
>factory river civic

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>17188895
It's a hugbox for poor people who don't want to look not quite as poor.
Same reason why fat people drink beer while watching football and cheering for "their team" while accomplishing nothing on their own.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.