[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got some leather seats from a town car at a pick and pull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2271.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2271.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Just got some leather seats from a town car at a pick and pull and set them up in my crown vic.

I was thinking of cleaning them up. Are leather cleaners/treatments a scam like armor-all cracking old dashboards? If not, whats a good way to shine up and protect leather?
>>
>>17188066
You'll get much better answers on google or /diy/.
Nevertheless a good leather cleaner/shine is all you need.
>>
>>17188066
Lexol
>>
>>17188066
they're not a scam, but they're useless if you don't have real leather, which most cars do not. my 2010 King Ranch had real analine leather seats and I conditioned them with Leather CPR about every other week. I loved the feel and the smell of them.
>>
>>17188171
This pretty much, and it works a lot better if it's been done regularly over it's lifetime.

Got genuine leather couches that we condition, feels like sex.
>>
sometimes I'm tempted to get a set of nice leather seats for my Civic
doesn't even seem like such a bad investment, I plan to have this car for at least 10 years or so
all I want is a comfy DD, and this cheap fabric isn't so great
could use some more leg support too
>>
>>17188087
2nd.
>>
>>17188081
>>17188171
I have never had leather seats before so Im not sure what brands or types of products to shoot for.

The grand marquis leather seats I saw felt fake as fuck, but I think the town car seemed more genuine. It was from an "executive edition" if that helps?
>>
The quick wipes are decent for touch ups, but they wear off pretty quick. If you want a good restoration, clean them off pretty good and then rub in a cream.
>>
Best way it to get a steamer and clean it out

But if you can't get or afford one, just use an all purpose cleaner like nonsense heavily diluted and a horsehair brush and go to town.

Since you might have real uncoated leather, you have to be careful. but with modern leather, you don't have to be gentle since they have a coating kinda like clear coat on paint or don't even use real leather like Mercedes

https://youtu.be/vJSK1IulAOo
>>
OP here,

On an unrelated note, When I put the front seats in, it seems like because the seats were from a pre-2006 Town Car (I think like a 2002-2003) there are three different wire harnesses on the seats. In my Crown Vic, there is a brown plug, and a grey plug. On my seats from the town car, there is a small yellow plug, a brown plug, and a grey plug.

I was able to connect the brown plug, but the grey plug was incompatible with the one in my Crown Vic. The yellow one had nothing to hook up to.

I left the grey and yellow unplugged. I noticed that I can adjust the seat position forward, back, up, and down, etc. But the back of the seat wont move up or down. Seems weird that that large grey plug does just that or does it have other functions as well? I am guessing its the back angle+lumbar support+airbags? and I assume the yellow is something like seat warmers?

Whats the deal with this, should I splice in the grey crown vic seat harness plug onto the Town car seats? I haven't counted wires or anything, so I am not sure if one has more wires to hook up than the other does.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.