[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am at the pick and pull today trying to seek out some new seats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2264.jpg (40KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2264.jpg
40KB, 480x640px
I am at the pick and pull today trying to seek out some new seats for my crown vic.

I see a grand marquis with leather seats and they are in good condition and the padding isn't worn out. Sweet deal.

The problem is the seat is far back and I cant get to the back bolts for the seats leg harness.

I tried to take the seat tops off the harness but I think the airbags and shit keep it tied to the leg harness. It feels like something is snagged.

Is there a simple way to get to get power to the seats so I can just move it forward? They guys at the yard lent a booster pack but when I hooked it up to the terminals it still didn't work, some jackass pulled all the fuses.

The place is closed so I am going back tomorrow morning.
>>
>>17182376
go in from the back
just bend them to unscrew it and get a replacement from your seats or another pair of seats
>>
>>17182414
Can you elaborate on that please? I dont quite catch what you mean.

Are you saying bend the seats and break the bolts?

Anyway, The seat cushions dont really move that much, I can wiggle the butt cushion a little but the back of the seats seem like they are still hooked up somewhere.
>>
>>17182468
just rip the seat out from the frames bolt
>>
File: seat rail.png (4KB, 1290x296px) Image search: [Google]
seat rail.png
4KB, 1290x296px
>>17182500
>>17182414
Don't try to break it off, you'll break this part circled in green before you break the bolt out of the body. Then you'll be fucked unless you have a similar assembly at home you can replace it with. It's all riveted together too so don't think you can just replace PART of the motorized seat thing. You can't.
>>
>>17182376
I've done this before. Get a cold chisel and cut around the bolts in the rear from under the car. Takes 5 minutes. Another way is just drill large holes around the bolts and it’ll rip right out. Make sure the car us thoroughly supported.
>>
>>17182573
....well doesnt he already have seats?
>>
Do you think a pry bar would work? I already snapped the front bolts on the seat harness. They were pretty rusted on. Or maybe a break bar with a ling handle? The main issue is that I cant reach the bolts with my standard wrench
>>
Just borrow fuses from some other car.
>>
>>17182841
He could be replacing them because the bit I circled broke on the first set. That's what happened to mine and the reason I know about it.
>>
>>17183157
He probably has cloth manual seats.
>>
>>17182376
Borrow a fuse from another car and hook up power again. Don't tear anything up like a nigger.
>>
>>17183147
>>17183219
This wtf. Just do it right. Bring fuses, or straight find fuses (its a junkyard wtf) also why is the bolt unreachable? Is it that there is little space to stick a socket on it. Or its just straight up inaccessible?
>>
>>17183256
Did you know that seats can slide backwards and obstruct whatever is underneath them?
>>
12v drill battery to the seat motor if ya can get to it, or at the harness that goes the the body
>>
>>17183264
Gee no fucking shit. I was asking if the bolt is literally unreachable, or if his tool just doesn't fit.
>>
>>17183284
If he got some of the bolts off, the others were probably unreachable.
>>
>>17183162
They are cloth motorized seats, but they are collapsed and very stained from the fat officer that had it before me. Cant dive more than 2 hours before my ass and back get sore.

>>17183147
>>17183219
Do you know where I can find the fuse I need to put in? Inchecked the box bit its just numbers and there was no manual to look it up.
>>
>>17183295
http://www.crownvic.net/drock96marquis/fuses.htm
>>
>>17183304
Perfect. Ill try this right away tomorrow.

If that doesnt work out, I guess Ill buy a long handled wrench and see if I can reach the bolts
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.