[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the cheep car chart will never be updated in your lifetime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: cheepshart.jpg (3MB, 3842x2920px) Image search: [Google]
cheepshart.jpg
3MB, 3842x2920px
>the cheep car chart will never be updated in your lifetime

why live?
>>
File: 1490745817292.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490745817292.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
This list was shit the second it was made anyway. Half of it is fucking MBs because Longpostfag can't fucking stop pushing that shit brand for 2 seconds.
>>
File: new chart.png (3MB, 3842x2920px) Image search: [Google]
new chart.png
3MB, 3842x2920px
I made a few suggestions
>>17181513
Its a poorfag car list not a reliable poorfag car list.
>>
>>17181875
>Riced to death
Word, I know this list is for the states but Ontario is close and there's no way you're getting a daily driveable 240/300 here for the equivalent of 5k USD
>>
>>17181513
>post hasnt been deleted yet

LongpostHotpocket must be asleep.
>>
>>17181505
We updated it this year.
>>
Who cares, fags will still start a thread for "Is it a good idea to buy an rx8/old Porsche/special snowflake because it's cheap and memewheel drive for my first car?".
>>
>>17181505
It doesn't need to be updated. Just buy a 3k civic if you want an econobox. Buy an acura tl or tsx if you can spend around 7k. Ls430 or gs if you want something nicer.
>>
>>17181505
LPG was here a few weeks ago to gather suggestions to update the chart, which he has the Excel file for.

Off the top of my head:
>the Prelude is getting replaced by the 2005-2010 Scion tC
>The hot hatchbacks section is being changed to just "hatchbacks"
>The Golf/GTI VR6 has been changed to the 1999-2009 VW Golf/Rabbit
>The Honda CR-X is off the list due to trouble finding stock cars.
>The Ford Focus SVT has been replaced with the 2000-2007 Ford Focus hatchback, and slotted where the CR-X was.
>The main spotlight where the Focus SVT was is now home to the 2004-2006 Scion xA and 2004-2010 Scion xB
>The Toyota Tercel has been replaced with the Toyota Echo due to Tercel's becoming scarce.

There were a few others but that's off the top of my head. There was also serious talk of removing the Mercs from the list period.

And no, the K-cars aren't going anywhere. Just because you don't like Chrysler after Daimler got their hands on them doesn't mean the K-cars weren't reliable. They absolutely were reliable so long as the 3.0L Mitsubishi V6 was avoided.
>>
>>17183461
When has he admitted to being a janitor, it all seems to be speculation
>>
>>17183465
he didn't admit to anything. He just has the Microsoft Excel file for the chart.
>>
It was updated a few weeks ago you black asshole
>>
>>17183461
>And no, the K-cars aren't going anywhere. Just because you don't like Chrysler after Daimler got their hands on them doesn't mean the K-cars weren't reliable. They absolutely were reliable so long as the 3.0L Mitsubishi V6 was avoided.

Literally no one was calling the 4banger K cars unreliable. They don't fucking exist anymore

>remove Prelude and CRX for being impossible to find in a workable condition
>leave Chrysler K-Bodies
>>
>>17183479
>They don't fucking exist anymore
If you look for specific variants, sure, but some variants just seem to keep going. Like the Dodge Neon (based on the P-platform variant, shared with the Dodge Shadow and Plymouth Sundance), the Chrysler minivans, and the Acclaim/Spirit twins. I have no trouble whatsoever finding K-cars. It's why the entire platform is listed instead of just a few variants, like on the off-chance you find one of the more desirable Daytonas, or LeBaron coupes.
>>
File: 66259065.jpg (17KB, 483x270px) Image search: [Google]
66259065.jpg
17KB, 483x270px
>>17183473
no it wasn't. We talked about it, but the final product hasn't been delivered yet. LPG left us. But he'll surely deliver
>>
>>17183602
>LPG left us.

If only he'd stay gone. Watch this post get deleted because it hurt his feelings.
>>
>>17183461
Why would the prelude be replaced but the 240/300 stay?
>>
>>17186037
IIRC< that was brought up as well, but no real replacements were suggested
>>
>>17187131
Do you have any idea why the prelude specifically was removed? I've been considering buying one in the next couple months... Obviously I'm not going to change my purchase because an image on a Cambodian Basket Weaving forum told me not to, but I'd be interested to hear why they aren't recommended anymore
>>
>>17187884
mainly availability. Scion tC's, oil consumption issues not withstanding, are just as reliable and have just as large an aftermarket.
>>
I'm waiting for the "don't start on a supersduperport hurr" image to be replaced with an honest recommendation chart for beginner bikes in general

They're really not that bad. Some of the things are clearly true, but some of the things in it are recognizable as complete bullshit if you've ever ridden one.
>peaky i4
Not as bad as described. They're not "sluggish" either. While no V-twin, they'll still go more than a 250. Wheelies are still pretty easy though given the wheelbase, weight, power, and throttle tube setup.
>they don't like to change direction in a corner
Like, literally what?
>CBR600F4
>top of the line supersport
My sides.
>grand total of four specific bike recommendations
>carbed garbage because everyone wants to worry about properly storing their bikes as a new rider, giant ninja 250, and a 650cc V-twin that's more likely to be unintentionally wheelied than a GSXR
Nice! That leaves out over 30 bikes that are actually good.

Just linking the LAMS list would be better.

t. started on a VFR750
>>
>>17188514
I want to see a starter bike chart for cruiser-style bikes, and retro bikes (eg: Kawasaki W800, Honda Rebel, Indian Scout)

also, the Toyota Tacoma was removed from the recommended buy chart and replaced with the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon. The reason is the Toyota tax is real and most of them are hilariously overpriced which removed a larger chunk of them from budget over the last few years.
>>
>>17188575
We don't really need to make one because a lot of nanny states have already done it for us. We just need to link them.

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/motorcycles/learner-approved/
>>
>>17188626
except the sticky's are general for the US market, not Ausfailia.
>>
>>17188651
Our bike market is nearly identical to AUS except for the little things, like the offroad DRZ400 variant being plated there.

If it's that much of a bother you could pick and choose from the LAMs list. i think /dbt/ actually did this, but it never made it into the sticky like nobody there ever makes it onto the map.
>>
>>17183461
>The hot hatchbacks section is being changed to just "hatchbacks"
Just change compact sedan to compacts and hot hatchbacks to sporty compacts or wait that ms3 come down in price.
>>
>>17188391
Oh ok. In my area preludes are pretty much a dime a dozen. No type SH's, but plenty of base models / canadian only models bone stock.
>>
>>17189062
The MS3 will make it onto the sports car list someday, I'm sure. Could replace the DSMs with it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.