[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you drift an awd car? i've never driven one, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: italian rice.png (497KB, 894x301px) Image search: [Google]
italian rice.png
497KB, 894x301px
how do you drift an awd car?
i've never driven one, but i might pick one up as my next car and i'm afraid it'll not be as fun
>>
like, with ff you lift off and handbrake
with fr you keep it going with power
but awd?
i watched some pros and they seem to be kicking the clutch to lock all diffs and then kinda slide automagically
>>
>>17180535
You initiate the understeer, let it get sideways, and floor it in the direction you want to go. Do not countersteer, or you're in for a bad time.
>>
>>17180628
ye, this is what i mean
tried it in a friend's panda and the darn thing just wouldn't stay sideways

also can you "set up" an awd drivetrain to oversteer?
changing ratios and shit?
>>
File: Fry.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Fry.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
>>17180628
>You initiate the understeer
Every time I have ever under steered my WRX it goes straight while the wheels are turned. Am I stupid? Your post makes not sense to me. If you are understeering how do you end up sideways?
>>
>>17180656
op here
weight transfer i'd imagine
you have all time awd, it's basically ez mode
>>
alignment helps loads
>>
>>17180698
in what sense?
toe out like fwd?
mad camber?
>>
File: celica-st205-drift-2.jpg (41KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
celica-st205-drift-2.jpg
41KB, 720x450px
blomp
>>
>>17180535
In the rain, I can drift my na 2.5 legacy wagon ez pz if it's wet.
>>
>>17180682
Naw, WRXs just understeer like pigs from the factory. I assume they're somehow still forward bias under power for muh safety. If that isn't the case, then I really don't know why. But they definitely understeer.

From my experience you have to initiate OVERSTEER then point the fronts where you wanna go and floor it. Drifting in an AWD is essentially just sliding, not really drifting, since your fronts also don't have traction unlike drifting in a rwd.
>>
i went and watched some youtube stuffa and holy fuck is ken block fat
not obese, but has that dadbod/beer gut
>>
File: dr10.jpg (133KB, 672x448px) Image search: [Google]
dr10.jpg
133KB, 672x448px
>>17180535
just turn it to a rwd car by taking off the front axles, and put a lsd in the rear diff.
>>
>>17180535
You'll figure it out breh, just try few different things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8h4smQCMM4
>>
>>17180656
Fuck
>>17180857
>OVERSTEER

That's what I meant.
>>
Coming from someone who used to drift on public roads in an EVO. I would start with parking brake and then countersteer into the slide while giving it a ton of gas... This always worked well.
>>
>>17181340
>countersteer
Don't do this.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.