[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Europe vs the USA for car insurance licenses. I can tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1986.jpg (60KB, 400x300px)
1986.jpg
60KB, 400x300px
Europe vs the USA

for car insurance licenses.

I can tell you what its like in the USA. Anyone can go get insurance on any car. No class system. and for license, I am sure its changed now but when I was 15 I could get my permit, which let me drive with a 21 year old passenger, and the day I turned 16 I got my full licensee with only a restriction of being out past midnight.

What is Germany, UK, Sweden like and why is it so balls.
>>
So what are you talking about, insurance or licenses? And why do you already presume European countries to be shit if you don't seem to know anything specific about them?
>>
>>17175120
>Anyone can go get insurance on any car.
I doubt that. If you phoned up your insurance company and asked to get insured on a Veyron, they'd laugh at you and turn you down.

The classification system in europe is mostly for taxation. Insurance is based on a formula in which the car's class is one of the inputs.

The instant I got my full driving license here in the UK, I was unrestricted. I could go anywhere in anything with anyone at any time, at least as far as the license was concerned.
It also comes with provisional allowance to drive trucks, tracked vehicles, and agricultural tractors.
Insurance is expensive because new drivers drive old, busted cars very fast into trees, ditches, other cars, pedestrians, rivers, historic bridges, and priceless irreplaceable statues.
Car tax is a cash grab instituted when the car was a new thing, and now used to punish 'polluting' cars.
If I wanted and got the license for the weight and the tracks, I could go out and buy a tank and drive it on the road.
>>
>>17175188
>I doubt that. If you phoned up your insurance company and asked to get insured on a Veyron, they'd laugh at you and turn you down.
Most likely they will not turn you down, they will give you a very high rate, but they will not turn you down.

when i was 16 I think i paid about 1000 a year, when i was in my early 20s it was about 2500 a year for a s30, s130 and z32tt and a jeep xj
>>
>>17175188
>in europe
STOP FUCKING PRETENDING LIKE EUROPE IS ONE COUNTRY

The taxing and insurance rates are completely different in every country.
>>
When those "how much do you pay for insurance" threads come up, half of the americans seem to pay $300 a year to insure an entire fleet of cars while the other half pay $300 a month to insure one shitbox so I dunno
>>
>>17175232
But some laws are EU-wide, and most of europe that matters has very similar laws.
For example, Poland may have very different laws from Portugal, but neither of them matter worth a shit unless you're trying to deal with immigrant workers.
>>
>>17175252
Well, vehicle tax laws aren't. And insurances operate on a national basis.
>>
>>17175262
Insurance companies are the same all over the europe that matters, and taxation is mostly the same.
Again, you're thinking that contrarian second-world shitholes matter.
But then, you're probably american, so you would think that.
>>
>>17175235
american car insurance uses these factors
sex,
age,
driving history,
credit history,
income,
location,
cars,
level of insurance, how much you are covered for, and wether you have collision (replace your car when you wreck) comprehensive (replace your car when stolen)
>>
>>17175277
I'm German, you moronic shithead.
>>
File: 1385385890286.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1385385890286.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>17175306
>credit history
>income
I see the Jews have you firmly in their grips.
>>
>>17175311
You type like an American.
>>
>>17175328
Thanks for the investigation, Sherlock. Now stop pretending like Europe is even remotely one country.
>>
>>17175306
In uk the car factor is detailed up to trim level - 2.0 sport got higher insurance then basic 2.0 ts (mazda trim levels). In Poland its just about engine size regardless brand and model. Other factors - sex address are quite similar in both counties. Also UK your name must be on the policy, otherwise is invalid, in Poland anyone can drive on mine.
>>
>>17175232
But it is one country.
>>
>>17175232
It might as well be with all that EU cuckery.
>>
File: Hitler_Sad.png (245KB, 400x472px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler_Sad.png
245KB, 400x472px
>>17175232
>STOP FUCKING PRETENDING LIKE EUROPE IS ONE COUNTRY

Sorry about that. Won't happen again.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.