[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it still possible to buy a truly bad new car? One that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_c1aL0ent.jpg (287KB, 2420x1494px) Image search: [Google]
4L_c1aL0ent.jpg
287KB, 2420x1494px
Is it still possible to buy a truly bad new car? One that's indisputably uncompetitive in its class?

Seems these days excellence is the price of admission into the market.

Hardmode: not a Fiat-Chrysler or Mitsubishi
>>
>>17171530
Dodge Journey.
>>
well the modern focus has a garbage auto that grenades it self.

the manuals are fine though so idk if that counts
>>
>>17171542
From what I've heard, the post-facelift one and up are a lot better than the older ones. Mine is at about 20k without any real issues, though I realize that is not much at all.
That said, I'd rather I got a manual for it. Good car otherwise, for what it is.
>>
>>17171530
Depends. Is Fiat still in business?
>>
>>17171530

Not really anymore. Even the shittiest of the shittiest new cars will stay together and be reliable for 2-4 years if you take care of them.
>>
Two of the Dodge vans I drove during my last job had random electrical failures due to factory defects. FCA still makes turds.
>>
>>17171530
>>17172409
It's important to consider, that most new Fiats are relatively simple construction compared to other brands. I got my wife a brand-new Punto 9 years ago. She loves it and is still driving it. I wanted to get her a Hyundai i20 now because the 48kw engine of the punto makes me sad, but she doesn't want to switch.

Apart from normal maintanence now at 130 000 Zürich-City kilometers, all that broke once was the alternator during warranty time 8 years ago, which got replaced for free.
>>
>>17173928
The alternator broke within a year? That's not good m8
>>
>>17171530
Yes. One that loses value so damn fast that you're stuck in it as it starts to go wrong as the warranty expires. The financing cost runs into the 'failing and rusting' cost and combines with the absurd cost of ownership thanks to insane fuel consumption.
You're working like crazy just to pay for the car you need to get to work to pay for the car to get to work to pay for the car you hate.
That's why I'll never buy american or asian.
>>
>>17174636
>or asian.
Because KIA offering 7 years of full-warranty will definitely run you into this kind of problems, right? If you need to finance a new car more than 5 years, it's too expensive for you. Fag!
>>
>>17174806
>7 years of full-warranty
They offer it because they NEED to. Your car will spend more time at the dealership than with you.

>If you need to finance a new car more than 5 years, it's too expensive for you.
More like three years. Why is 5 the usual in america?
>>
>>17175339
>Your car will spend more time at the dealership than with you.

source on this please. My DD is a Kia Sportage, I bought it in 2011 and it never had a single problem.

>More like three years. Why is 5 the usual in america?
I'm not American, I'm German. I'm speaking of list-price brand-new on 60 months with no discount. Usually the higher the list price of a car, the higher your maintenance costs. For example, both a new VW Polo and a 10 year old E-Class are obtainable for around 20k. If you pay 5 years for the Polo, it's fine. If you pay 5 years for the 10 year old E-Class, it's not fine. Assuming the new-price for the E-Class was 80k, you would need to be able to finance those 80k in 5 years in order to be able to afford the car.

That of course has exceptions, but it's a good rule of thumb
>>
File: 01-2012-nissan-versa-review.jpg (315KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
01-2012-nissan-versa-review.jpg
315KB, 1280x850px
>>17171530
Nissan Versa. Show me ONE thing it does right.
Then show me how it's better than a Fit, Sonic, or Fiesta
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.