[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, b/o/ys. My father currently wants to get me a 2000-2001

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Alright, b/o/ys. My father currently wants to get me a 2000-2001 honda civic. The cheapest option he could think of for a first car that wouldn't break my already low savings account. I am employed, but before I can give the positive sign off on his decisions I want to put myself neck deep into car models, parts, and long run maintenance cost. First I want to know about car parts as much as I possibly can. How can I achieve this?
>>
Go read a civic forum and watch youtube videos
>>
Remember that a non taken care of Honda can be just as shitty and expensive to fix as any other car. Don't take the Honda badge as gospel like so many older people do. Actually get a good one.
>>
by finding a real car board, not listening to the weebs and trolls here
>>
>>17156127
>Getting my information from a Mongolian basket weaving forum
>>
>>17156118
Google it mayne, buy car first and then look at shit, change oil, spark plugs, rocker cover gasket (if it needs), brake rotors and pads, adjust tappets while your there. Google all that stuff, lot of forums with walkthroughs especially for civics. Eric the car guy on youtube does a lot on hondas
>>
>>17156126
>just as shitty
Yes.
>and expensive to fix
No.
>>
>>17156140
Engine and transmission rebuilds can be expensive no matter the car
>>
>>17156118
Buy a Toyota instead, or if you live in a place where it almost never rains/snows, a Honda motorcycle.
>>
>>17156126
>>17156144
Except a clean b series swap is 1500 max and if hes not a cuck fag he will get a couple buddies together and swap it in one weekend
>>
>>17156240
Anon, I'd love to buy a cycle, trust me. I live in Texas, so it's also sunny, and when it rains it evaporates faster than my will to live. Though I would have to go back to driving school to get another license for it, and my father would never buy me one.
>>
>>17156261
Tell him that it'll save money in the long run with lower running costs and maintenance. I can understand him wanting you to drive first though, to get done confidence on the roads without putting yourself at much risk, my mum was the same. Take the car, drive it for a while until you pass your motorcycle test then sell the car for a bike.
>>
>>17156118
Theres another similar thread with a link to a huge torrent of books and vids, grab it while its hot hombre
>>
>>17156319
Because there isn't a protective chassis, he's afraid of me getting in an accident. I'm pretty sure that when you get in an accident on a motorcycle, you're gonna be injured or dead.
>>
>>17156240
>>17156252
What about a 2001 Mazda Miata?
>>
>>17156414
>lives in texas
>wants to ride around in a box instead of on a mighty steel steed
This is nothing like my american cinema.

Also
>don't squid
>don't rp as rossi
>be responsible and pay attention
Congrats, now you have a 99.999% shot at not dying on a bike.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.