[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car won't start, won't turn over, no clicking, no lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170505_190538.jpg (2MB, 2751x1978px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_190538.jpg
2MB, 2751x1978px
Car won't start, won't turn over, no clicking, no lights or anything. It must be some sort of connection problem, and I already check under the hood. I went looking for the fuses and I see that pic related is unplugged. Could that be the issue? I can't find where it plugs in
>>
The battery isn't dead right?
>>
>>17152958
Yeah I tried to jump it, nothing.
>>
you have to disconnect the positive end of battery overnight. see if the battery dies again
>>
>>17152979
Why? The battery isn't dead tho
>>
>>17152928
Do you have a voltmeter?
>>
>>17153077
Nope
>>
>>17153090
Don't expect to solve electrical issues quickly without the right tools. Voltmeters are cheap.
>>
>>17152928
>pic related is unplugged. Could that be the issue? I can't find where it plugs in

Has the car ever ran under your ownership?
If yes, did you unplug that connection?
If no, why are you worried about it now. It's not like it disconnected itself and the other end went for a wander around the block.

Sounds like a dead battery and maybe you aren't jumping it correctly, or you jumped it backwards and blew the "master" fuse.
>>
>>17153114
Ok, I'll walk up to the store tomorrow. What do you recommend I try?

>>17153122
It has run under my ownership. It's not the battery as it's new and has worked fine for a month and started the car many times. I didn't jump it incorrectly.
>>
>>17152928
Could be the starter relay.

The relay makes a faint click. Have someone turn the key and listen to the relays to see if any click. If they click then its probably the starter is dead. If no then either the relay is dead or there is a problem before the relay.
>>
>>17153133
It could very well be a dead battery.
What did you try jumping it with? Another battery, a battery charger, or another running car?
>>
>>17153139
He said nothing works, no lights, no nothing. That is a big clue it's not just a bad starter.
>>
>>17153156
Not OP, but wouldn't a low battery cause a clicking sound from the starter? Every time I had a dead battery and tried to start my car it always made a loud clicking sound from the starter.
>>
>>17153174
Not if it's realy fucking dead, like if the radio/ lights/ acc was left on.
I left the key in my miata the other day, must have left it switched partially on. The dash lights wouldnt come on or anything.
>>
>>17153219
It was only off for an hour before I tried to start it
>>17153156
Jumped with another running car
>>
>>17153071
if the battery isnt dead you got to replug the battery at different angle and wipe down the ends. alot of batterys dont connect thanks to rust
>>
Check your "master" fuse. It's the one that protects against a surge in power.
Also follow the ground wire and make sure it's grounded (ie not corroded)

I really can't think of what else to even suggest.
When you had the jumper cables on, would any lights come on? Did you connect ground of the donor car battery to your chassis or the negative terminal on your battery?
>>
>>17152928
Is your car newish, financed, and did you miss a few payments? Modern cars can be disabled remotely, just sayin
>>
>>17153304
20 years old
>>17153277
Connected the ground to the negative terminal. Will check the master fuse in the morn
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.