[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how many miles is too many for a Honda Civic Si? currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: dlww6uq1bipr5igd6udv.jpg (65KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
dlww6uq1bipr5igd6udv.jpg
65KB, 800x450px
how many miles is too many for a Honda Civic Si?

currently considering this: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/700427215/overview/
>>
it's a 2006 Si with 150k miles for those who don't want to click
>>
>>17152598

Thats pretty good, especially for a honda. I bought a nissan sentra ser spec v (nearly identical to civic) with 150k miles on it. If the car runs good, then buy it. Expect to do some maintenance though, because at that mileage there will be stuff that needs to be replaced. A month after I bought my sentra I had to replace the rear shocks and have my brakes done. Now it drives great and I'm very happy.

If the car seems healthy, go for it. With proper maintenance you will easily get 200k out of it. Expect to pay some $$ to fix all the accumulated problems, then fix things as they come. Do it OP
>>
You can find something better like a gti. Look on craigslist.
>>
File: lowered civic with enkei rpf1.jpg (284KB, 750x525px) Image search: [Google]
lowered civic with enkei rpf1.jpg
284KB, 750x525px
>>17152664
that's too much.
I go for cars with 5k-10k miles a year
>>
>>17152598
>>
>>17152598

I'm this guy >>17152703

DON'T DO IT OP THATS WAYYY TOO OVERPRICED. I bought my spec v for literally half that price, and it outpreforms the civic on basically every test.

Find a car that isn't priced on memes (like all hondas/toyotas) and you will get way more performance/reliability for your shekels
>>
>>17152664
150k aint bad if they took care of it.

Had an 06 Si myself and at 100k miles i took apart the top end and it looked practically brand new.
Used one of them snake penis cams to inspect the cylinders and it looked great as well.

Regular maintenance and not driving it like a highschool fuckboy goes a long way... it's a honda after all
>>
>>17152920
>over priced
yeah except it's priced actually fairly well.
>spec v outperforms
lmao maybe a base model d16 from the 90s you fucking idiot
>>
>>17152598
>https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/700427215/overview/

OP last year I got an 08 civic si coupe for $5k with 126k miles and this is california's SF bay where the rice tax is strongest.
make sure the struts have been replaced. That one is white so it didn't have the paint recall mine had which the PO never took advantage of so now I have shitty paint.

And give this car a really good inspection. The internals are almost bulletproof but the car is bought by boiracers that break shit.
>>
>>17152598
Do you really wanna pay 6.5k for slow and overpriced fwd garbage? If you don't like driving, get a base model and save yourself a couple grand.
>>
About tree fiddy
>>
Hey /o/ sorry to ask this here but I didn't want to make a new thread.

Is 200k too much mileage for a VW GTI?

The one I'm looking at is a 2000 mk4 vr6.

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 1492183177596.jpg (57KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1492183177596.jpg
57KB, 800x532px
>>17155229

No no no.

VR6 will be expensive to fix as theres two seperate rows of cylinders.

200k miles is also a hell of a lot for a 17 year old car.

Euro will be expensive to fix outside of Europe if that applies to you. I would only own one if I lived in Europe.

Volkswagens reliability is pretty sub par compared to the likes of Japanese engines.
>>
>>17155262
Damn that's a shame. I was really looking forward to it. Thanks for the advice though.
>>
>>17155262
>200k miles is also a hell of a lot for a 17 year old car.

>200k miles
>17 years
>12k miles per year

that's not that much
>>
Cars like this are usually treated like shit so be careful.
>>
>>17155262
DO. NOT. BUY. A. VR6.

it completely and utterly destroyed me financially
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.