[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /o/tists I have a fun exercise for you. I'm picking up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ACURAIntegraCoupe-1250_7.jpg (118KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
ACURAIntegraCoupe-1250_7.jpg
118KB, 1024x736px
Ok /o/tists I have a fun exercise for you. I'm picking up a 1994 Acura Integra RS tomorrow. Its cosmetically and mechanically perfect and bone stock. Between the money I'm saving after haggling and the rest of the car budget I had saved up I have almost two thousand dollars left to spend on it. I know a lot of you drive import shitboxes and I'd like to know what you'd spend the 2k on. It could be mechanical, cosmetic, interior, or exterior. What would /o/ do?
>>
Keep it stock
Learn to love the car for what it is
Experience stock performance and its handling capabilities and limits

After a year, Invest in Wider wheels, sticky tires, coilovers, and poly bushings. It will be worth it. This is upgrades we are talking about though. Immediatly upon buying it you will invest money mechanically because its an old car and will probably be your daily. After that then upgrade handling.

Now go away
>>
>>17152171
Lightened flywheel, nice tires, and good wheels
>>
>>17152199
+1 for a lighter flywheel. Better gas mileage and your car goes faster. Relatively easy to instal too. I got one off eBay back in the day. Went from 19lbs to 8lbs. Tremendous difference, it's a win-win.
>>
>>17152197
>>17152199
Thanks for the input guys! So basically handling first? Mechanically it's pretty amazing. Fresh engine and transmission rebuild with paperwork for verification less than 5k miles ago so no worries there.
>>
>>17152217
Noted!
>>
>>17152227
Don't be too confident. Old cars like to surprise you. Even a reputable one. Just make sure to have a feel for the car for several months and to be prepared for anything that can happen. Once you get comfy look into handling, it can save your life, adding power is just reckless if your car can't hold a line in a turn or keep straight on the highway.

I only speak from experience of dailying a 300zx. They are reliable, those damn engine bays just make you not want to wrench on them.
>>
>>17152171
Save up for gsr swap later on RS is great because it's lightest model with no shitty sunroof
>>
>>17152261
Yeah I can definitely see your point. And you're definitely right about handling over raw power. Something to think about for sure!
>>
>>17152286
>swapping an entire engine for 30hp

Stop jacking off to hondas
>>
>>17152318
It's a great engine with alot of potential, cheap too. OP should go here >>17138734. For whatever questions remain
>>
>>17152318
Pretty much this. The b18c responds way better to tuning, but is expensive to get into and is a dated engine.

Just make your current engine bay clean with new rubber. It's good enough to have fun as a daily and people respect clean stock setups.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.