[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/ I need help So fella in my city is selling a Delorean that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

/o/ I need help

So fella in my city is selling a Delorean that has an automatic transmission, he says it needs some seals replaced so it is drained of fuel at the moment and not running but that is has 18k miles on it and is "totally good to go"

Is this worth 25k? If it is not, just what would it be worth to knock the guy down to?
>>
>>17148641
>not running but [...] "totally good to go"
red flag no. 1
>>
DeLoreans would be like 100k if they were european
>>
>>17148645

Truly, which is why I am wondering just how much these things are worth in not running condition

Honestly... if I could get my hands on a perfect delorean body stripped of the motor and trans I would do it in an instant because I want to stuff a diesel in one of these.

But looking at this I may get my chance, but I have no idea how much these are supposed to be worth even if it needs a little work
>>
>>17148641

A delorean with an automatic? Might as well drive a tank, you would get better mileage.
>>
don't buy a fucking delorean.
they're heaps of shit.
>>
>>17148641
Just buy a restored one from DMC directly if you can't repair 100% yourself
>>
File: 1492990947394.jpg (46KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492990947394.jpg
46KB, 800x450px
Also DMC is just about to release an update version with modern interior and new engine

>DeLorean is also currently in talks with manufacturers of prominent V6 engines

Pic related, updated interior
>>
>While GM is an engine option, they’re not the only ones. They’re looking at three possible suppliers, two domestic, one foreign. There’s one favorite though, and the engine that’s the frontrunner is a normally-aspirated V6 making between 300-400 HP. This seems to be the non-American company, and while the company wouldn’t comment, it may well be Japanese. It may be Toyota, but that’s just a guess.

>The new DeLorean will have bigger wheels, bigger brakes, and shocks from “a famous German supplier.” Bilstein?
>>
>>17148680
>>17148696

Is this legit? Who the fuck would buy new deloreans, that interior looks ridiculously simplistic in a really bad "I wanna be futuristic" kind of way

How much would they charge for this crap? I mean they would only be deloreans by name without the stainless body and everything
>>
File: 1493104070882.png (512KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
1493104070882.png
512KB, 500x583px
>>17148680
>That shitty "off the shelf" momo wheel

Dropped
>>
>>17148716
$100k

Mostly original parts made in the 1980s
https://www.delorean.com/

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/2017-delorean-dmc-12-announced
>>
>>17148720

Holy hot garbage, it would be cheaper to just buy a brand new one right fucking now and then tear out the old tranny and motor... They still have unassembled ones around that you can have built for you fuck. Hell I bet even OP can buy a shell and have his stupid dream come alive of a turbo diesel delorean
>>
>>17148722
>just buy a brand new one right fucking now
Sure, $80k to $100k
>>
>>17148729

They are way less than 50k new built for you
>>
>>17148729

If OPs is 25k then it is a steal in that case?
>>
>>17148735

In all honesty OPs vehicle is probably really fucked up and will cost him more to fix than it will to buy because of how you get parts for these things
>>
>>17148641

Not running and 25k?

Something is really really wrong
>>
>>17148655
>Truly, which is why I am wondering just how much these things are worth in not running condition

Yet you failed to go to a Delorean forum?

You are asking to be spoonfed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.