[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 1989 mazda 323, and im looking for a second engine to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1493930177536.png (401KB, 750x469px) Image search: [Google]
1493930177536.png
401KB, 750x469px
I have a 1989 mazda 323, and im looking for a second engine to build up while dd'ing it but im having trouble finding one that isnt for an mx-5, suggestions?
>>
>>17144745
You wanna find a B6T or BPT. Both should drop right in.
>>
kia sephia
>>
>>17144745
Thanks for the response, do you know of any decent sites to get one?
>>
what? why dont you just buy another b6
>>
>>17144778
yeah, a junk yard. pull one out of a wrecked kia and whatever else they came in.
>>
>>17144745
Ebay. Car-part.com
>>
>>17144789
Ok, thanks are the gearboxes compatable or should i buy that too?
>>
>>17144798
Should share the same bolt pattern.
>>
>>17144781
I searched but all that came up were mx-5 engines
>>
>>17144798
As long as it's the same engine yes.
Other engines are also compatible it just depends on the bell housing bolt pattern.

A B6 is already in your car so another B6 will fit.
>>
>>17144807
The BP and B6 were found in the MX-5 as well. Turbo versions came in the 323.
>>
>>17144816
Ok, thats good to know, one more question, can i use an mx5 engine or is the drive train too different, i would like dohc
>>
Also if you're serious about rebuilding an engine, look up jafromobile on youtube and follow through is 100 and 200 series on engine rebuilding.
>>
>>17144841
Thanks, ill look into it.
>>
>>17144839
If the bolt pattern on the block/bellhousing is the same, yes you can.
It's up to you to find out if the bolt patterns are the same.
Someone on a mazda forum or a 323 forum probably knows.

Could be different engine mounting points though.
Plus you might need the ECU and harness.
Or the DOHC head could mount to a stock or modded SOHC block.
All that you will need to find out yourself.

It's much easier to stick with a direct replacement of the engine you have for your first rebuild / swap to get your feet wet.
>>
>>17144745
Thanks for the help everyone, i really want to learn to work on my car my self and i feel a second engine is a safe way to do it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.