[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/ttozone. need to but a vehicle. I'm single 21 in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 00h0h_3aat1LFgSpa_600x450.jpg (32KB, 540x450px) Image search: [Google]
00h0h_3aat1LFgSpa_600x450.jpg
32KB, 540x450px
hey /o/ttozone. need to but a vehicle. I'm single 21 in vegas. parents let me use their vehicle to come down here for a job. can't use theres, won't pass smog. trust me, I've spent the past 6 months and 1000 dollars trying to fix it.

to make an even longer story short I gave my mom 11k dollars I will never see so my budget is low. (not going to lend any more money to her)

this pickup is almost perfect for what I want. 1992 gmc Sierra k2500 for 1600. only issues I have are it's at 260000 miles and it is kind of old. so what I'm asking is this a good pickup? any major engine or tranny issues with this kind of truck. any advice would help me out on deciding to take it or run.
>>
>>17140991
get it and learn your lesson to never give people that much money. truck sucks
>>
>>17140991
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/6088461622.html

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/6095389884.html

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/6065756702.html
and some oem hubcaps
>>
>>17140991

Truck looks nice (what's going on with the bumper?). Depending on which motor and transmission it has, you're different levels of set.

I'd do it.
>>
>>17141093
I asked and he said a small block 350 in there. automatic transmission
>>17141081
I'm not much of a car person, but those are in pretty good condition for the price. thanks anon, you have made my dicision even harder. (genuinely thanks for showing me those)
>>
>>17140991
for 1600 i';d buy it, ask the owner if you'd be able to take it into a shop to get it given a once over. if the owner says "nah senpai" or anything of the such dont buy it, thats what I did before I bought my truck, looked at 4 other trucks before this one and they all said "nah senpai I dont feel comfortable with that" so I said "well I guess you dont want me to buy your shit then" and left.
>>
>>17141142
if its got a 350 in it at 260k miles then you still got some life in it. and even if that engine does blow up 350's are pretty common so you could probably get a low mile one for fairly cheap and bolt it back in.
>>
>worrying about mileage and age on that truck
You dont seem to realize 88-98 chevy and GMC trucks were built like tanks do you?

You cant kill one.
t. threw a rod on my k2500 454 and it still drove like it was nothing. Fixed that bitch and sold it for 6k in SoCal.
>>
>>17141170

What this guy said. Trucks from that era are bulletproof provided they have good drivetrains.

So it's got a 5.7, good. Probably an r700 transmission then. Test drive it. If it runs well, I'd pull the trigger. Provided the front end isn't fucked up. You never said what was up with the bumper.
>>
>>17141170
Not disagreeing with GM trucks being tough but...
>t. threw a rod on my k2500 454 and it still drove like it was nothing.
No you didn't you big fat liar.
>>
>>17141142
Bumper gone = crashed
Paint is shit
Looks like a dumbass kid owned it so it's been rode hard.
Mileage is high as shit.
>>
>>17141192
You should def get it if it drives well. 1600 for a running one is a steal. They are pretty sought after just for their reliability.

>front bumper
Wat? Does it not have one or what?
>>
>>17141223
it's gone.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/6107676058.html
>>
>>17141192
I asked for a pic and he said he couldn't because he got a new phone. so I'll look at it tomarrow and see if there is damage. ty for bringing my eye to that, wouldn't of thought of that.
>>
>>17141243
A lot of people usually remove the bumper for approach angle.
>bent tow hooks
He might of crashed into someone and fucked the bumper. They're pretty cheap if you really want to put t back on.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.