[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my buddy has got a BRZ, its had the basics done w/ intake/exhaust/tune;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: brz-white-poster-frame.jpg (61KB, 880x550px) Image search: [Google]
brz-white-poster-frame.jpg
61KB, 880x550px
So my buddy has got a BRZ, its had the basics done w/ intake/exhaust/tune; we installed a set of teins and wheel spacers and now the car feels much more direct. Personally i think the car feels a million times better, having always driven FWD and AWD i never felt comfortable in the car until this last round of work, i now enjoy it more than other cars (despite being the slowest iv ever had) and its changed my entire outlook of what i like to feel in a car.
He on the other hand cant seem to stand driving it, says the car feels twitchy, bouncy, and complains about feeling every imperfection in the road (no its not spine ripping stiff, just lots of road feel). I dont know whats going on, its enjoying road feel an acquired taste? Is this level of road feel exhausting? am i feeling some crazy harmonic resonance through the springs rather than the actual road?
>>
>>17140801
Your friend is a normie pleb. Tell him to sell the BRZ and buy a Prius.
>>
>>17140843
you might be right, but id really like to see someone defend his argument just so i can understand where hes coming from
>>
File: 1471818362491.jpg (180KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
1471818362491.jpg
180KB, 780x481px
>>17140801
your friend is a typical normie faggot who buys a BRZ. basically the target audience, wannabe "such a car guy". and you're a fuck idiot too, oh wow you spent thousands of extra dollars on your suspension and bolt ons and it feels better?? whoa! also fuck the frslow
>>
>>17140801
Obvious bait, coming to this board and playing the "honestly, I just wunt muh discussions about dis!" With that car as the subject. Have fun when your bait inevitably works I guess and this thread becomes just another festering pile of spergjuice upon the hundreds here.
>>
>>17140914
contain thy autism, teins are in the hundreds not thousands, and iv never felt right before in a RWD
>>
>>17140940
its not bait, I tried looking around for what people thought on road feel and all i got was soccer moms complaining about their seat vibrating a bit
>>
Why invest so much on a slow car with a lame engine?
>>
File: DSC_0317.jpg (341KB, 1300x870px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0317.jpg
341KB, 1300x870px
Its a cheap Japanese econo car with ebay springs, of course its going to feel like shit. Aftermarket dampers need to be built and tuned for a specific car for a performance improvement over OEM, and that isn't going to happen with garbage like Teins
>>
>>17140987
as much as i like to hate on the torque dip and poor output stock, the FA20 is hardly a lame engine, youll burn out the transmission before you come close to hurting the engine
>>
>>17140987
specifically, any proper forced induction cranks
out unreasonable numbers for a 2700 Lb car, and money is something he has to throw at the car
>>
>>17140976
K I'll offer my 2 cents since it's midnight on a weekday so all the sperging will happen later when autists are taking their morning shits. I put an aftermarket rear motor mount in my car to help with the torque steer and make shifting smoother. I was told about the increased idle vibration and how bumps and launching were gonna be stiff as hell. I've hardly even noticed a difference, I can hear the vibrating a little but honestly it's so minimal to me that I think that people who complain about "road noise" and "drony exhaust" and other shit I'd put in the category of what you're talking about are prissy faggots who would be the type to complain that a single olive got on their pizza. They could eat around it and ignore or whatever but noooo gotta complain because they've never had to actually struggle with any hardships in life, so minor annoyances to them are life altering.
>>
>>17140988
could you elaborate? the dampers are adjustable as is the spring rate, im not at a loss for adjustment in the car, but i dont know if its necessary, is there any such thing as too much feel so long as your not busting your teeth out on potholes?
>>
>teins
lmao what a mistake
>>
>>17141041
i know where you are coming from with the motor mounts, just installed group bs in my wrx, needless to say im enjoying it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.