[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What prevented 3 wheeled cars from becoming popular? Was it for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: grinnall-scorpion-08.jpg (78KB, 750x467px) Image search: [Google]
grinnall-scorpion-08.jpg
78KB, 750x467px
What prevented 3 wheeled cars from becoming popular? Was it for aesthetic reasons or for technical reasons?
>>
Conspiracy by tire manufacturers
>>
Considered a motorcycle in a number of states. Must have endorsement and helmet.
>>
>>17137601
Lack of a tangible benefit.
>>
>>17137614
this. they are inferior to 4 wheelers and motorcycles
>>
>>17137626
Inferior in what sense? I'm an ignorant in this matter but aren't they supposed to be way cheaper than a 4 wheeled car?
>>
>>17137601
They're neither motorcycles nor automobiles. They take the worst from each and combine it into a truly shitty vehicle.
>>
>>17137631
>object in middle of road
>in car, drive over it, hopefully you have enough clearance
>on motorcycle, swerve past it on either side
>3 wheel vehicle, welp.
>>
>>17137662
>not going up on 2 wheels to avoid it
>>
More than 200hp and you're in Spin City
>>
How quick we are to forget.

https://youtu.be/QQh56geU0X8
>>
>>17137662
>3 wheel vehicle
>run over it and fling the parts all over the car behind you
I see no problem
>>
>>17137706
Having the single wheel on the front rather than on the rear is a bad design. The car looks cute though.
>>
>>17137706
ahh RIP TopGear
it was the viewers who suffered the divorce
BBC got the name and put it in the hands of Top Queer Chris Whatever his name and sabotaged the Trio's move to Amazon, by not allowing visitation rights of the Stig, Cool Wall, or Celebrity interviews / lap times.

in the end the viewers got 2 absolute shit shows
>>
File: 1438094877002.jpg (77KB, 425x449px) Image search: [Google]
1438094877002.jpg
77KB, 425x449px
>>17137612
>tfw trikes need a motorcycle license in the EU since 2013
>but people who got their car license before 2013 get the grandfathered right to drive them
>>
>>17137601
>not popular
in the west maybe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ_t4CfS5U0

>>17137631
only tuktuks are cheaper
the ones with 2 wheels in front and 1 wheel in back for whatever reason tend to be ridiculously priced.
>>
>>17137601
A lack of:
>practicality
>safety
>end benefit beyond cost
>>
>>17137706
Yeah it took too long for people to figure out that having one wheel at the front was a terrible idea. Even though two at the front and one at the back is pretty much perfectly fine, hearing "three wheeled car" just makes people think of the weird blue car from Mr. Bean that always crashes.
>>
>>17137706
Top gear faked it with different-sized wheels. It's not as unstable as they make it out to be.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.