[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently own a 2008 Mustang GT. It's my first car, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20120614mattkwokmjune02.jpg (514KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
20120614mattkwokmjune02.jpg
514KB, 800x450px
Currently own a 2008 Mustang GT. It's my first car, but not really my choice. Been driving it for over a year now, learned how to drive manual in it. Kinda hated it at first because i wanted something older and more interesting but its grown on me.

However I am moving to berkeley soon and my commute is over a large, winding road with tight turns and sweeping corners. I've been longing for something light and well-handling.

Recently a miata has appeared in my area with 20k miles, the guy's asking $6k. Another guy offered me $12k for the mustang. Basically I could snag the miata, do everything I want to it (Small cage, wheels, tires, suspension, minor cosmetics) and still pocket some $$$. Am I dumb? Will I regret?

thanks
>>
some will say you can mod the mustang to be a perfectly capable canyon carver, but it doesn't match a miata.
>>
>>17121779
It has a solid rear axle lmao. Don't get me wrong I love the thing but it feels like I'm driving a tank through a canyon
>>
>>17121762
One more thing I'm considering is the fact that it's got a removable top. Being in california and having sun the majority of the time, that means a lot.
>>
since you currently drive something with a veeyate, i would recommend some sort of forced induction for the miata.

something to make the power a little more appealing but not too much boost as to require forged internals,etc.

other than that, i say go for it OP.
>>
>>17121902
I was thinking supercharger just to bump up the power a bit. A turbo kit would remove some of the linearity and use up most of my remaining funds
>>
>>17121762
S2000. you don't want to go from a mustang to some 20 year old shitbox with 1/3 the power
>>
Tbqh ypu really are looking for a tpyota 86 or Subaru brz.
>>
>>17121762
fox body

vette

???

ls swap whatever
>>
>>17121762
Why not just do coilovers and tires if you're that concerned about handling?

NT05s, shocks, springs, swaybars, brembo rotors.

And the 3v should do about 300whp with bolt ons and be extremely reliable.

I literally race on switchbacks and curvy roads, the idea of a miata being faster is fucking retarded. I mean, are you racing up a perpetual spiral or something?

You can do the above mods for about 2 grand or so. Really, just shocks will HUGELY improve your cars handling feels. Even more so with swaybars, you might not even need springs. Just some decently sticky tires should be enough for you, however the NT05s are ridiculous with their amount of grip and extremely stiff sidewalls.
>>
>>17123682
If you really want the miata though, go ahead. You'll probably regret it, or be a stupid ricer that thinks its fast because its "light" and "quick".

This crowd never ceases to amaze me, and make it worth trolling 4 cyl cucks.

>>17122433
Hah, seriously. Going FI on a miata? enjoy blowing it up before you can even hang with the mustang. And the woes of FI are very real, but learn the hard way.

>>17122448
He could get a c5 z, terminator, even a c6 for this price. Fucking asinine

>>17121833
Learn to use the throttle to manipulate your rear tires. If you can't kick the rear out on turns that you are familiar with, you don't even need to be racing anything RWD. 05-09s are easy as fuck to do this with
>>
>>17123695
>The mustang is just as capable as the miata so long as you drift on every corner

How's forza 4?
>>
>>17123500
>Fox Body
literally a downgrade in almost every way, except engine displacement
>vette
I'm a huge vette fan actually but they only start getting cool above $18k. Everything below that appears to be abused, high mileage, automatic or covered in hideous "mods"
>ls swap whatever
easier said than done.
>>
>>17122448
I think you underestimate the price of these. In my area, to get one as clean as my mustang, with no salvage title or mechanical issues, you've gotta spend around 17 grand
>>
>>17123487
Uncle has one. Drove it. Not as light, small or entertaining as miata.
>>
>>17121833
I'm gonna go on a bit of an autistic rant here. Axle or not doesn't mean shit for turning. You have slightly less stability over bumps, boo hoo. That's your only disadvantage. The Foxbody (and by extension, sn95) cars didn't turn because of their fucked steering geometry and lack of a Panhard bar in combination with incredibly soft rear bushings. An S197 post 2011 can keep pace with an M3 from the same year. Still has the 8.8 axle. That being said, I completely understand your desire for a smaller, lighter car for the tooj.
>>
>>17121762
Mr2
Rs
2he
Only
Answer
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.