[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of buying one for shits and giggles. Any Eagle owners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: amc eagle.jpg (76KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
amc eagle.jpg
76KB, 624x351px
Thinking of buying one for shits and giggles. Any Eagle owners care to tell me what they think? Ride comfort, offroading ability, things I can do to improve fuel economy, etc.? Pros and cons of owning one?
>>
>>17120949
Don't know shit about actual eagles but know a lot about AMC v8's which I don't they they even got lol.
>>
>>17120961
No, they had a 4.2L i6 that was actually less powerful than the infamous 4.0.
>>
They rot out real bad, trying to find a clean one in the salt belt is impossible.
>>
I own a late 70's plymouth wagon, so i think you're entitled to my hot opinions
>ride comfort
its shit. the seats themselves aren't terrible but not great and its got leaf springs which aren't known for being the softest. Body roll is to be expected at spirited driving. its also going to smell funny if you're in summer because vinyl seats and 40 year old carpets
>off roading ability
it depends on how far you want to go with it. do you want a rock crawler or did you want something that can handle itself trail riding? do you want extra grip in the snow or do you drive in boggy terrain?
>things i can do to improve fuel economy
adjust your driving style to be softer on the accelerator and easier on your brakes during stop-start traffic. Otherwise you can put on performance parts like a better flowing intake/exhaust to allow a easier flowing gas flow for marginal improvements. Its a 1970's I6 the size of a small v8, fuel economy is going to be shit nigga damn

>Pros
it looks ok
its still a stationwagon so its still appropriate looking to DD without looking like a tool
easy to fix and maintain
>Cons
slow
hard to find parts, especially trim
its old so random shits going to break all the time
easy to steal
rust
>>
>>17123463
Those opinions are so hot they burned my monitor, man. Thanks for being kind enough to reply, but I'm looking for information on these AMC Eagles specifically. Under its dated facade they're quite different from an ordinary station wagon, you see.
>>
It is very hard to find an Eagle now without a crazy meme tax. They're great fun, but boomers have claimed another one.
>>
I've always wanted the SX4 but they're impossible to find. The wagon is the next best, but I like how the front and back have less overhang and the shorter overall wheelbase on the SX4. It's more fitting for offroading. Mostly I want one to put subaru owners in their place in the winter with a much older car.
>>
>>17124855
There's one not far from me for $600. The seller says that it needs frame repair to pass inspection. I'm hoping to go look at it soon to see just how bad it is.
>>
>>17124897
Probably totally rotten or he would have reinforced it himself.
>>
>>17124928
The wording in the ad implies he's not particularly handy, so perhaps he just inherited it and doesn't have the time, ambition, or desire to mess with it. I'll go see it in person and maybe he'll let me take it to a mechanic (I'm not much of a handyman myself, but I want to learn) to see what else it needs to get it legal.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.