[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>almost 20 years old >still the fastest naturally aspirated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: mclarenf14.png (921KB, 1258x663px) Image search: [Google]
mclarenf14.png
921KB, 1258x663px
>almost 20 years old
>still the fastest naturally aspirated car on earth

Did automotive design peak with the F1?
>>
File: sledgehammer.jpg (207KB, 1500x996px) Image search: [Google]
sledgehammer.jpg
207KB, 1500x996px
Still slower than this. A truck engine powered brick with a bodykit.
>>
>>17116493
Not really the same thing. That was a one off tuner car. Lots of tuner cars are faster than production cars. It's a bit different when you're offering a warranty and shit.
>>
>>17116503
Clearly inferior technology as it gets out performed by a truck motor on low boost. Now days you can build a all motor LS that will put out 700hp all day.
>>
>>17116513

The F1 is pretty fucking far from "production". 65 cars is quite the production run... When comparing shit to multi million dollar hypercars "production" cuckery kind of goes out the window.
>>
>>17116522
And yet you compare it to a single tuner car only built to hit top speed. Cool bro. It was also 106 cars.
>>
File: mcfire.jpg (47KB, 800x561px) Image search: [Google]
mcfire.jpg
47KB, 800x561px
>>17116528

The only thing the mclaren can do is go fast. They're basically the same thing. Both handle about the same (if you can keep the F1 on the road) and are usable day to day.
>>
>>17116538
"they handle the same"

How stupid are you?
>>
>>17116538
>The only thing the mclaren can do is go fast
>Both handle about the same

Pretty sure production cars are meant for daily driving anyway. Track performance is moot.
>>
Just a Gt1 regulations car.
>>
>>17116542

Like you'll be taking a $20m car to the limit... Throw $50k in tires and suspension into that leaf sprung beast and I bet it'll keep up with the F1 on a track.
>>
>>17116550
Neither the callaway nor the mclaren are built for daily driving. No i dont care what you heard on top gear about the mclaren f1 being designed to be liveable for dd duties.

The mclaren was built to be the hottest razor edged supercar back in the day, you can bet your ass it can kill the corners. The sledgehammer is a top speed animal. It can handle corners for sure because it has massive tires, and stiff gas charged shocks to handle 240+ mph but top speeds are the callaway's primary focus
>>
>>17116447
That's because nobody bothers making n/a race cars anymore, since everyone just intends to put a turbo in from day 1 in order to make the most of the engine.

I bet you could take off the turbos from Veyron or Koenigseggs and they'd still outperform the F1
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.