[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I buy an 80s Mercedes as a first car? How bad is it? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Can I buy an 80s Mercedes as a first car? How bad is it? I'm a proud American
>>
If its the 300 then the drivetrain should be solid, but prepare for everything else to go wrong. Not too hard if you're willing to put in time to do everything else yourself, otherwise it gets expenseve. Parts aren't ultra chepa like domestic or jap either.
>>
>>17114233
Guess I should give up then.
Fuck it, I hate cars anyway
>>
FEEL LEIK A HARD TO GIT STARLET WHEN I'M DRIIIIIIIIVING
>>
>>17114188
Hmm... when you have to get it fixed, take it to a local certified Mercedes-Benz service center. Not the Mercedes-Benz dealership, but a service shop that ONLY works on Mercedes-Benz/BMW. You'll get cheaper labor and since they aren't the dealership, they can get you used parts to put in your car and save you money.

But if you are going to get a classic Mercedes-Benz, you are probably going to have to buy one that is very well maintained and up to date and barely driven, or you're gonna have to get one with a few problems here and there that you will know about beforehand. No gray area when it comes to purchasing old MBs.

I would not recommend you getting a nice one for a first car though, it would be a real shame when you wreck it and total it. Get it as a second car and drive it not so often.
>>
not my first car but I had a mid 2000's C class that I bought with about 80k miles on it and traded it in with just under 300k on it. No major issues but I was anal with maintenance and kept it in the garage.
>>
>>17114233
the new fiat Ultra Chepa. Economy made simple. Watch out baby
>>
>>17114188
>tfw someone posts a render of a picture of your truck
I'm flattered
>>
>>17115137
It's a swag ass truck
>>
>>17114188
proud American would buy a Cadillac
because every other luxury maker has died off
>>
>>17115146
thanks senpai
>>
>>17114326
Just take it whatever random Mexican you trust. It's all the same. Why get fucked by "certified service centers" or whatever? I think the complexity of working on old German cars is vastly overestimated.
>>
>>17114188
Do it anon. I've owner like 7 mid 70s to late 80s Mercedes diesels and have NEVER had one give me problems whatsoever
When people say they're the most indestructible cars ever made, they aren't joking
Parts are practically free and they're ridiculously easy to work on
They're inflating in price here in America, so keep an eye out for a good one at a decent price to show up. You won't regret it.
>>
>>17115137
I want one so bad
>>
File: image.jpg (240KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 750x1334px
>>17114188
Old 240d mercedes is the only good euro car ever made aside from the schimmwagen
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.