[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know anything about vans? I want to do this but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0523.jpg (268KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0523.jpg
268KB, 1600x1066px
Anyone know anything about vans? I want to do this but I'm 6'4" the van pictured is a Ford Transit.

Which van has the most headroom?
>>
Stop being homeless
>>
>>17106189
That is exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm currently renting somebody else's home while saving for my own. When I started looking at alternatives and found out how comfortable vans can be if you don't half ass building them plus all the other benefits such as living right by work or living in beautiful locations and having a great incentive to get outdoors be active and live a healthier life I felt like an idiot for ever paying rent.

I'm going to build an awesome van, save 15-20K each year in rent, have enough for a down payment for a property in the city in my late 20's then rent that property out and have someone else pretty much pay my mortgage while I'm roaming around the country in my cosy van and travelling the world for at least a month of each year. Then when I'm feeling ready to settle down sell my city property pay off the mortgage and use what remains to buy a rural property in a nice area with good schools settle down and have a couple kids and most likely be a retired landowner in my 40's probably not retired as I'll still be doing my hobbies and getting paid for it because why not?

This is a lifestyle I wish more people would consider maybe then the suicide rate would be less terrifying, screw the system and it's chains of debt live free and get out sooner.

Join me friend, well make life our adventure together.
>>
I usually just sleep in the open bed of my truck but since I want to take my dog with me I am making an enclosed space. I want a safe spot she can rest while I go to the gym or getting groceries, etc. Otherwise we will go everywhere and do everything together, as all good boys and their dogs shall do.
>>
>>17106416
Anyways I should add that I'll put in a hard shell locking canopy. inside will be a small cot, icebox, and light. I'll add optionally covering window and airflow slats and maybe a small inline fan to increase ventilation when it is hot and stuffy.

It won't be as roomy as a van. But I want the off-road capability of the truck desu and I don't want it to stick out. I will look into replacing the back window of the truck so I can potentially slide in from the cab and bed without exiting. Could be potentially life saving if a bum rapist lurks outside. Or one of them grizzly cocks.
>>
What country do you live in?
>>
>>17106379
the whole point of an adventure van is that you can:

1. build it=you live off of someone else so how the fuck are you going to do that

2. afford it, you need money for gas, materials, tools, food, repairs

3. have somthing that wont get ticketed for loitering or camping in a non camp ground location

4. >>17106453
you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about and even me posting this is just a waste of time because you are all talk
>>
>>17106107
moar full size vans pls
>>
>>17106379
>tfw so poor i can't even afford a van

Guess I'm stuck with my camry until it finally dies so i can justify getting one
>>
>>17106416
>>17106453
Sounds good man, you keep doing you.
>>17106495
Australia
>>17106530
I'm unsure as to what your first point is? You buy a van, then build the interior what are you talking about with living off of people?

Affording it, as I've said I'll save 15-20K in rent each year so.. Yeah the fuel, rego and insurance that I already pay for anyway really doesn't even make a dent.. in fact it doesn't even scratch the paint.

I won't be parking in areas where I will be ticketed, I will always be somewhere I'm allowed to be or in an area the worst that can happen is they ask me to move on, from the outside my van will look clean and like a work van anyway so my odds of being targeted are very minimal even if this was an issue.

Why do people get so heated about this? Is the general population really so afraid of going against the norm.
>>
>>17106609
>ICE
I would support you if you weren't destroying the environment you degenerate scum.

>not at least driving an Ecoboost transit
kys
>>
>>17106539
This is nice, sorry I don't really have any more that I consider nice anyway.
>>17106582
There are some pretty cheap vans out there, you might not be as hopeless as you think get a shitty van start saving upgrade rinse and repeat until you've got one you like. I think if you're living in a Camry any van will be better just for the comfort and space.
>>
>>17106623
ICE?

Living in a van means solar power, I haven't really looked into it but I'm fairly confident a van would have a smaller footprint than a household connected to a coal plant for power, not even including the vehicles most household occupants use to get to work.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.