[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't have a vehicle at the moment and I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: silverado.jpg (62KB, 1536x600px) Image search: [Google]
silverado.jpg
62KB, 1536x600px
I don't have a vehicle at the moment and I've been wanting a small truck. I'm also a speed freak so I want to go fast too. I got a good amount of money saved up I'm just torn between three options.

I'm a chevy guy at heart and my 1st choice would be an s10/sonoma. I would get a 4.3 with manual trans, normal cab, short bed to keep it small as possible. For speed, swapping a v8 would be too much of a hassle for me and out of my scope of abilities. However, there is wynjammer that makes a supercharger for the the 4.3. It comes with fuel and tuning for only $3,100 bucks. Supposedly makes 275 wheel hp. That would be plenty and I could still do more mods like head/cams/headers/exhaust later.

Then there is the toyota tacoma. I like the reliability and the normal cab base model 2wd is only like 2500lbs. I have a fear of frame rust though. Not too sure about that. Anyway KOracing makes a turbo kit which can be had for around $3,000, but it I'd still have to get the rest of the exhaust, fuel, tuning, and it doesn't come with an intercooler. So it would end up costing me more to get it going, but I do like the idea of a turbo more.

For my last pick, there are the 99-07 silverados. Right off the bat this is a bigger truck which I don't like. I would for sure get a regular cab with the shortest bed possible. I DO however like the fact they come with v8's. Sadly only the 4.8 comes in manual, but I could live with that, or get a 5.3 auto, I don't mind. For speed, on3 makes a cheap single turbo kit for them. It's not what I'd call complete though. For around $3500 bucks it gives you most of what you need, the rest I could source myself. Again, I'd need to get exhaust/computer/fuel and get it tuned which is more cost off the top of the base of the kit.

Which one would you chose? I think the silverado would be the fastest but it's also the biggest/heaviest which is a downside. I'm leaning towards the S10.
>>
>small truck
>go fast

pick one
>>
OP here again, there are two more choices I'm considering as well.

I was looking at two door yukons/tahoes with the 350 vortec but I'm not sure I want something that big and heavy. Again, Wynjammer makes a cheap supercharger kit for them and there are plenty mods for a 350 out there. Even with a supercharger the SUV is so big it'd still be pretty slow. Also it'd get pretty horrible gas mileage so I dont know.

There is also Jeep Cherokee's. I'd get a two door 5 speed 4x4, they're not too big. Boosted tech makes a supercharger for them for about $3000 bucks so that's not too shabby. Jeeps are heaps though so I don't know about it too much.
>>
File: dc69930786ea3e4d44e7e83558f9ebd5.jpg (944KB, 1226x800px) Image search: [Google]
dc69930786ea3e4d44e7e83558f9ebd5.jpg
944KB, 1226x800px
>>17103743
Tl;dr
Holy fuck chad..just pick whichever one you like more and call it a fuckin day.

>not considering a rcsb tundra with a 5.7 with a 4.30 rear end
>>
File: 1991GMCSyclone[1].jpg (100KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1991GMCSyclone[1].jpg
100KB, 768x576px
>>17103753
Go to bed kiddo
>>
>>17103743
find an older gm single cab short bed with a 454 and a manual

go from there
>>
>>17103743
can they make this board 18+ to keep out the stupid kids
>i'm gonna buy a $2000 dollar POS to put $3100 dollars into it and still not go fast
>>
>>17103753
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDM4ge6sAo

Faster than your shitbox
>>
>>17103743
4.8 manual, then 5.3 swap.
>>
>>17103931
275 HP to the wheels in 3000 pound truck slow?
>>
>>17104092
Anytime the power-to-weight ratio is more than 10 then yes. It's slow. And that applies to all cars
>>
>>17103899
Did they even make thoses? I though the 454 was reserved for the bigger HD trucks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.